• Register Today It's free!

Lift kit for 03 mountaineer

Snapper

Reaction score
City, State
Arlington.washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 mercury mountaineer
Can you lift 03 mountaineer,anybody have any pics of one lifted.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Exactly the same as the Explorer. I actually did see a lifted Mountaineer near UCLA a few weeks ago but couldn't get a photo of it. It's the only other third gen I've seen lifted locally besides my own.

Here’s mine, 3” body lift, 2” spacer lift, 265/75/16 Dirt Commanders.

Do you have any shots from the rear? I'm curious to see how the hitch and exhaust look with the body lift.

The hitch has been flipped over as it sat too low for the bumper cover to go back on after the body lift. By drilling two new holes I was able to get it mounted in the OEM position with the OEM fasteners.

The only problem is that I lost the safety chain loop as it's on top now, behind the bumper cover. I never tow so I'm not too concerned.

The hitch has been flipped over as it sat too low for the bumper cover to go back on after the body lift. By drilling two new holes I was able to get it mounted in the OEM position with the OEM fasteners.

The only problem is that I lost the safety chain loop as it's on top now, behind the bumper cover. I never tow so I'm not too concerned.

domct203,
I have an 03 ford explorer with 2 inch spacers 3 inch body lift and 32 inch tires but im having trouble with my BTF UCA being bottomed out full extension and my tie rod ends being at too steep an angle to ever get an alignment and has extremely aggressive bump steer. Your ex looks great and I was wondering if you could assist me in how I could get my tie rods horizontal again and alleviate some stress from my new shiny BTF arms.
Thanks in advance

I don’t have any experience with the BTF arms. My OEM UCA’s do not hit my struts at bottom out, and at ride height the suspension is not bottomed out.

After my 2” spacer lift my alignment was still good, all that was needed was a bit of toe adjustment.

Did you install a 2” spacer lift, or 2” spacers? My front spacers were about 1-1/2” tall, for about 2” of lift. My tie rods do not seem to excessive, and there is hardly any bump steer.

It sounds like your caster (bump steer) and camber (hitting strut at bottom out) are extremely out of spec.

Could you have mistakenly mounted them backwards (left UCA on right side and vice versa)?

My BTF arms will contact the springs slightly at full droop. But I only see full droop when the tire is completely off the ground.

I think you'd end up with severe caster issues if the arms were switched between sides, if you could install them that way at all.

Sorry i have the 2 " front 1.25" rear spacers so its a little more lift than yours but i dont believe you can mount the BTF arms opposite the appropriate side at all. It does seem my alignment adjustments are way off but because of the tie rod angle there is no one that will assist me in a shop in doing anything about either the rods or arms. And yes JW it looks like full droop sitting on its wheels which ive also never seen although i have about 10 total miles on my new OEM struts

20180708_123601.jpg

20180708_123622.jpg

See if they settle a bit. I'm still on original struts and don't have that issue.

You may want to try to rough-align it yourself (the toe adjustment, at least) and then see if you can get a shop to finish it up. A local brake and alignment place did mine for me; I wouldn't trust the tire shops with it.

Thanks guys I'll let you know what i come up with

Back