lifted 2007 explorer | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

lifted 2007 explorer

sorry its taking so long the weather sucks down here right now. Been raining alot. That and its ""Cold"". 40's and 50's are kidna cold down here in fl. again sorry for the wait again ill try and get em up as soon as I can. I just purchased a set of tires from treadwright. They are the guard dog 265/70/17. On backorder unfortunately. SHould be here jsut after christmas. Ill keep you guys posted

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know im bringing this back from the dead but I just finished the 3" on my 07 and step was right. to do this right it will take alot of time. I did it with modifications. Still works but I need access to a welder to get the rear bumper to work. But it looks great Took me and my buddy about 9 hours total time since we had to run to the hardware store a few times.

Pics

Renzy do you have any pics or a cardomain page.

Photobucket pics

Some pics. Those are two 3" pucks on top of eachother.

renzAy34134

renzAy34134

renzAy34134

http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k505/renzAy34134/?action=view&current=55incheslift1.jpg

http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k505/renzAy34134/?action=view&current=55incheslift3.jpg

http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k505/renzAy34134/?action=view&current=55incheslift.jpg

Hey guys. Sorry been moving and havnt had time to get on As far as the rear bumper if u have the welded on hitch like mine Normally the number cover sets right on the hitch. Once the body lift is on u need to weld metal spacers between the hitch and cover to support it.

Update on my ex: getting the tranny built now. Having everything honed sleeved. Bigger converter and sealed electronics put in.

Also. Anyone near ky we need
To have a little meet and greet sometime soon!

Could you also just cut the hitch off and raise it the three inches and weld it all into place? or you think that would be a little unsafe if someone decided to rear end you??

I'd be more worried about loosing it as a recovery point.

well it would still be there just higher, like in the stock position.

Or literally not strong enough to get pulled outta somewhere???

Well it's welded to the frame. The body lift doesn't raise the frame so if you cut the hitch and moved it up u would barely have any frame to weld to.

ye ai was going to make a .longer bracket so i have a lot more area to weld to. Obviously do it right but thats the only thing i can come up with without havinga huge gap inbetween cover and bumper. Which looks totally horrific.

Mine is on the road and is a blast to drive. Its not a 4th gen but close enough. It is a full suspension 6" kit with 2" extra in spacer lift. for 8" total from stock, 45" from ground to top of inner fender in front and 43" in rear with 35s
e1e6ac5a.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

dbc76528.jpg

b7e01ee2.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg
IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

Wow. Nice. So I'm guessing this won't bolt on my 4th gen? Lol. To bad we don't live near each other. Bet we could turn some heads if we cruised together

Wow, that thing is sick, man!

Mine is on the road and is a blast to drive. Its not a 4th gen but close enough. It is a full suspension 6" kit with 2" extra in spacer lift. for 8" total from stock, 45" from ground to top of inner fender in front and 43" in rear with 35s

Looks awesome, with the wheels and tires how much would your whole set up cost? Can I do it myself with regular garage jacks and tools? How much if I had a shop do it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good morning, friend please I have a 2007 ford explorer here in Venezuela and want the suspension of 6 "please help me. This is my mail, thank you very much Gasen-Nasser@hotmail.com

Back