Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread! | Page 88 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great to see you guys had a good time. You seem to enjoy burying the front corner in mud lol.

sweet pics! here are a couple from my last trip. no action shots, but some good background scenery of the sierra mountains.

P1100245_zpsdee0e92c.jpg

P1100259_zps7f784bb8.jpg

P1100260_zps521a6ea6.jpg

P1100269_zps23c76ef0.jpg

Great pics guys! I'd give up Oahu beaches for those beautiful trails in a heartbeat. :thumbsup:

Lono - awesome pics as usual. If my friend hadn't sold his TJ I think we'd be camping right now in the Blue Ridge so I'm pretty jealous.

Offtrac, how'd the bumper trimming help you on those steeper trails?

Offtrac, how'd the bumper trimming help you on those steeper trails?

To be honest, not much on the trails at Durhamtown. The one it would have helped on most, Slippery Nipple, still had me too intimidated without more armor.

My biggest problem now is the height I've been slowly losing in the rear. My hitch did a lot of protection duty. I'm just not interested in messing with it anymore.

I did put a nice dent in the gas tank as I found out while spending hours underneath cleaning yesterday.

Ah too bad. Guess you'll need a skid plate on there too. I'm actually looking to add the long AAL to my rear leaf pack. Do you remember the p/n by chance? You have pro comp's short AAL right?

I was going to order one a few weeks ago; now wishing I had.

Sure, it's in my Amazon wish list. I keep clicking to buy but then I remember I don't really want to do the work again, buy new u-bolts, buy Brian1's u-bolt skid plate, etc. It says it doesn't fit the ST, but it's the only one I've found that is 2.5" wide. I could be wrong, but it's the one I intended to buy...and may still.
http://www.amazon.com/Explorer-Pro-Comp-13132-Add-A-Leaf/dp/B000CNBPZY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2LAQL3EK0FZIC&coliid=INT3JXXTR6BXC

Appreciate the link. That's the one I saw too. I think it said it fit the Ranger and shouldn't it work if the width is the same?

I've towed a couple heavy trailers recently and my stock pack went completely flat. Kinda miss the air shocks so I think it's time to go ahead and do the AAL upgrade. Did you just go to an autoparts store and get new U-bolts?

If that's the same part number for Rangers I would definitely say they'd work. I know they'd work based on width but I thought they might be more stiff if they were specific to the F150. I'm ashamed to say I reused the old u-bolts.

That's just being resourceful haha

Offtrac are you running Treadwrights? I need new tires and I have been thinking about the Treadwright Guard Dogs because I plan to run 2 spares in the bed and 6 tires gets expensive. I have read nothing but good things about them but would like to hear from someone who runs them.

hye to all help me :- :help::help::help::help::help::help::help:
the said they were universal but the holes dont line up....cant use the old brackets...how can i get adapters or make them___________

thank you .

Do you have access to a mill" you might be able to fabricate some simple adapters if you do and you know how to use one. Pics and more info would help too. Good luck.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention how well the Treadwrights did. I was impressed. I aired them down to 15psi. It's hard to really say much about them because I never really thought much about it during the day. They just worked. That simple.

Jerrien, Get yourself a set of Step drill bits and drill out new holes in the brackets so the bolts will line up.

Jerrien, Get yourself a set of Step drill bits and drill out new holes in the brackets so the bolts will line up.

Hey rebel I'm heading up to elysburg pa knoebles theme park and is there any parks I can go to for free like a state park for a nice ride

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure about parks or anything around there, I'm on the other side of the state.

Back