Lifting your explorer to clear larger tires- | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifting your explorer to clear larger tires-

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

were can i find body lifts for my 97 ex

Since my 98 sagged so much in the rear, the shackles only made the rear slightly higher than the front. Basically leveling it out. I would like to lift the front by cranking the torsion bars because I'm worried about hitting rocks on the trail to hunting spots hitting the oil pan. I want to keep the 235 tires that are on there because I don't want to loose too much mpg. Would it look bad to crank the torsion bars with 235 tires? (They are all terrains)

Axle swap

i need to find out from you explorer buffs something......
I have a 1999 Explorer Sport 4.0 Litre SOHC. would it make life easier and go a little easier on my wallet if i were to take a solid axle from a ranger and swap it out with my IFS In order to lift it and have more strength off-road when i lift it? Because I am starting to lean more towards turning my truck into a crawler and i don't trust IFS on the trail at all.

i need to find out from you explorer buffs something......
I have a 1999 Explorer Sport 4.0 Litre SOHC. would it make life easier and go a little easier on my wallet if i were to take a solid axle from a ranger and swap it out with my IFS In order to lift it and have more strength off-road when i lift it? Because I am starting to lean more towards turning my truck into a crawler and i don't trust IFS on the trail at all.

rangers had twin traction beams then IFS afterward.

I don't see 44's fitting under just a 3 inch lift.My Mountaineer has a 3 inch suspension lift and a 3 inch body lift sitting on 33's and I don't think I could go bigger than a 36..

087.jpg

085.jpg

Frack.

Hello!

Does anyone know if the PA 883 will fit a 2002 2dr 4x4 Sport?

Guy at Performance Accessories says he's heard that people are using it for explorers, but can't tell me much more than that.

My plans:

• AAL & Rearc for level + 1" of rake (200lb dog)
  • 3" BL
  • Procomp Shocks all around
  • 33" TOC MT's
  • Greasable Moog lower BJ's
  • Just got the off road lights on last night :)

lifting my explorer?

hey guys im new to the forum but i am thinkin about lifting my explorer but idk yet if id really like it.. i have a 2001 Explorer Sport. (that i just bought after selling my Bronco ll) i was wondering if people could send me pictures of their explorers so i could get some ideas, please. my email is mattwarrior135@aol.com. thanks id really appreciate it.

...Click the "How to" in my signature and you will find links to lot's of pic's...;)

I have a 2001 explorer sport 4x4. I am going to do 3" bl/ tt/ shackles. Can I go up to a 15x10 rim instead of the 15x8? I will be running 33x12.5x15 tires. Will it make me cut alot more?

Install

Hey everyone. Question. Is there anywhere on this site where I can find out how to install the PA 853 body lift kit for my 1996 explorer. There is one out there but thats for the body lift for the 3rd generation explorers. Thanks.

I think there is a lil diffrence in the stearing extension but im not to sure. I know there is a lil diffrence between the 2 PA BLS the 883 (98-01) and 853(95-97) are alot alike but have a lil diffrence. But they give you a good idea on what you are looking at.

i have been searching everywere for suspension lifts for my 1996 explorer and they are all in the 700 price range. is there any options a little easier on my wallet i want to stay away from b/l. i currently have a 1997 explorer with 3 inch body lift tt and shackle easily clearing 33 pro comps i would like to clear them in the 400 price range all suspension on my new 1996 explorer sport i just picked up today to retire the 97
index.gif

so yeah i researched and and figured it out for myself sorry dont mind me im just a silly
zzzz.gif

where did you get you lift for on your 95 x? im lookin everywhere i want to start out with a 3"BL then move up from there

where did you get you lift for on your 95 x? im lookin everywhere i want to start out with a 3"BL then move up from there

Body lifts can be found at summit racing, along with most other places that carry performance accessories parts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back