Limited Rebuild is Here | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Limited Rebuild is Here

So as you all know from here My truck met up with a tree. So here begins the front end rebuild proses.

Day One, the start:

Little messed up?
IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

Us fixing the Core Support and it worked! Got most of it!
IMG_0836.jpg

Ok come to find out the oil is fine, The Radiator is cracked down both seams but that is a $400 fix all said and done for me. The frame is fine, Have my dad look at it in the afternoon and tell my mom I am keeping it. Please keep an eye on this thread for updates I need the moral support! :salute: Cheers!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sux bout ur limited but i know u can fix it up and it will be running like a champ like it did before but keep up the good work cant wait to see pics of it getting rebuilt.

good luck

oh i also forgot to say good luck with the rebulid danny

anytime danny

Sorry to hear about/see your mishap, glad you're ok. It's good to see you're keeping her, a replacement just wouldn't be the same, at least to me it wouldn't. Good luck with the rebuild.

looks almost identical to the damage I had thus far

I cut out the old rad support and welded in a new one, $65
New radiator is $120, why $400??????

I found airbags for $200 used and had a local shop mix me up some 96 wedgwood blue interior paint, still looks factory

I removed my core support to make it VERY easy to get the inner fenders back where they need to be and also to make it very easy to install a camshaft :)

my 97 Merc front clip was on my local cragslist for $300, I dragged it home for $250, hood, fenders, bumper, brackets, grill, lights, header panel, everything I needed in one shot

keep up the pics! lets get her back on the road! check my thread (96 daily driver rebuild) , I am not sure what the kid before me hit, but it sure looks similar to your damage!!

Just read the boards today, been busy. I am sorry to hear about your truck, but most importantly you are apparently OK :thumbsup: and that is what matters most. Good Luck on your rebuild and hopefully you can get your truck back on the road soon !

I look forward to watching the rebirth Danny. Good luck!

Brad

Subscribing.

Thanks everyone, my dad is on his way over but after that I should be making the keep final with State Farm. I decided to keep the pearl and fender flairs and running boards just easier that way for now. I just want it back to the way it was :) Dad just called he is heading this way...

Maybe you can see if Henry will cut you a deal on replacement projectors? Your truck looks badass with them, when I saw the night pic.. I thought of a white lightning.. lol.

Good luck on the repairs, but most importantly .. have fun, don't get too fustrated over it. It's a project.

So I got the go ahead from Mom and Dad! Here we go! Here starts stage 2! And I'm sure Henry would hook me up he is a sweet guy!

I'm sorry to hear about you x Danny, But glad to hear you're okay, and there are no complications between this accident and your previous ones. and i know mothers can be very stuborn when it comes to cars. But i can't wait to see your ex restored to the former glory that was your white limited. good luck with the rebuild, and hope everything works out the first time.

Justin

Thanks guys!

I have 2 parts Explorers(96 xlt/97 eddie) to work with one of which is white so that will help... Keep in mind though for the radiator parts cost more up here...A good deal is about $220 the rest is labor and thats a decent deal...

Hope to get more done here one of these nights...stay tuned!

hey danny, would it be cheaper to send your rad to a radiator repair shop, and get them to fix it? or is it beyond repairing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back