Limited Rebuild is Here | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Limited Rebuild is Here

So as you all know from here My truck met up with a tree. So here begins the front end rebuild proses.

Day One, the start:

Little messed up?
IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

Us fixing the Core Support and it worked! Got most of it!
IMG_0836.jpg

Ok come to find out the oil is fine, The Radiator is cracked down both seams but that is a $400 fix all said and done for me. The frame is fine, Have my dad look at it in the afternoon and tell my mom I am keeping it. Please keep an eye on this thread for updates I need the moral support! :salute: Cheers!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

roger lol, well yeah good winter tires are a must unless you want to pile ur rig into a tree... lol im sorry that was a low blow.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

yeah, winter driving + upset = bad just about every time. you dont pay attention for a second up here durring the winter and you can end up all over the place in one hell of a hurry.

It happens, but cmon..we're alaskans.. this is nothing new. lol

Also how much do you guys think it will coast for compleat repaint job to OxWhite, I know I thve some body work but its not that bad.

lol your from sparta, we dont expect you to understand lol jk. nah danny you have been caught, you got off topic lol.

Haha yeah my buddy works at Able and he said 10 grand for just a repaint with no body work. I was like Are you ****ting me? Hahaha I'm not spening more then 5 grand on it give or take!

Hey Tim,
I think it got lost!

"2009/09/18 14:08 International shipment has arrived in the destination country
14:08 International item arrived in destination country
2009/09/17 20:14 International item has left Canada
11:13 RICHMOND Item processed at postal facility
2009/09/15 23:06 WINNIPEG Item processed at postal facility
23:05 WINNIPEG Item processed at postal facility
16:47 SELKIRK Item accepted at the Post Office"

Ok, cleaning my air filter hope I don't mess it up!

Look at Alsa for the clear, called Speed clear, at about a $200 per gallon cost. Some prices at local stores are really high, I'm gathering supplies for my red car and truck.

Hey Tim,
I think it got lost!

"2009/09/18 14:08 International shipment has arrived in the destination country
14:08 International item arrived in destination country
2009/09/17 20:14 International item has left Canada
11:13 RICHMOND Item processed at postal facility
2009/09/15 23:06 WINNIPEG Item processed at postal facility
23:05 WINNIPEG Item processed at postal facility
16:47 SELKIRK Item accepted at the Post Office"

Ok, cleaning my air filter hope I don't mess it up!

it might be stuck in customs (i knew i shouldn't of packed it with doggy biscuits! :p:)

Look at Alsa for the clear, called Speed clear, at about a $200 per gallon cost. Some prices at local stores are really high, I'm gathering supplies for my red car and truck.

don, i am not stepping on your toe's i hope, but don't skimp on clear coat. i have seen some cars with cheap clear coat that over time have gone cloudy, or have sort of a whitish tint.

wait a minute, danny's truck is white!!!!

14lud5y.jpg

Well the Speed Clear is supposed to be very good. The problem is that local stores have a few choices, and they are all priced at high retail. They give great deals to friends and regular customers, but not to most of us. The high end clear from PPG here they want about $300 per gallon. I bought 2.5 gallons(total) of the Speed Clear for about $500.

Tim! OmG it will be three weeks on Thursday! Its getting so cold out so quick its going to suck to put the door switches in if it ever comes!

Back