Lobster Ravioli......recycled....... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lobster Ravioli......recycled.......

It was not a good night last night. I have a beautifulbrand new 2013 Limited Explorer only 6 weeks old. Well, our 9 year old barfed lobster (with shrimp & crab) ravioli alllllll over the back seat last night. While I am very thankful for the leather seats this does not help the floor carpet, the stitching, the seat belt mechanisim, all the nooks and crannies...it was voluminous amount to say the least. So, hubby and I scooped and cleaned as best we could, left the windows down in the garage over night.

So, the question is, does anyone here have good suggestions about odor control? I fear I have prematurely lost my beloved new car smell but I am unwilling to give that up to barf smell. I am quite content with heavy duty cleaner odor. Thoughts????

(and yes, I did cry last night about this.....I LOVE my car and the new car smell :( )

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We use a product called Odo Ban in our big trucks,seems to work well but it is important to get all of the .....stuff cleaned up as it will continue to generate the stench.:eek:

And Joe Dirt is the man when it comes to this,pm him.

1949, that is the exact stuff we wound up using....and yes, it is totally AWESOME!!!!!:thumbsup:

I had the exact thing happen in my wife's Enclave. I cleaned it out as best as I could and kept the windows open while it is was in the garage for a while. That seemed to help, but there was still the slightest hint. My brother used to detail cars for a living and he brought all his kit over and spent about 2 hours going over the whole interior. Since then, it has been smell free. Sorry, I am not offering any helpful remedies, but a professional could definitely help you.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but yeah--lobster ravioli. That just sounds like something I would recycle too.

Maybe some sort of professional kennel cleaning agent will help. Call the veterinarian and ask what they have. I mean, that's what they use for the --well, you know, the stuff coming out the other end. It's almost the same thing. :dunno:

an upholstery shop might not be a bad idea for involvement here. Maybe they have a way to get down into the foam.

If all else fails, try contacting a crime scene cleanup crew. They have the experience to get rid of some really nasty stuff...

While i worked for ford, we had some stuff on the counter called "nuke-em"
its a little can and like $16 bucks.. it works like a bug bomb, roll all the windows up pop the top and chunk it in the floorboard and let the vehicle sit for 24 hours.. dont enhail it!!! when you open the doors and get in the next day, your car will smell factory fresh! We used it on used cars that the original owner was a smoker.. you would never purchase a used car from us and know it was a smoker car!

On occasion we still get to enjoy a little whiff of said lobster ravioli (3 months later).....where can I get "nuke-em"??

Most dealerships sell it over the counter. it wont be on the front parts shelf, you will have to ask for it specificaly. most dealers keep it at the back parts counter for tech use.

Sounds like a Job for Joedirt :D

I recommend this! http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...t-cleaner/_/N-25f4?itemIdentifier=267254_0_0_
I have cleaned some awful nasty stuff out of carpets with this.. It is cheap too!
The next thing to do is arm yourself, for that I recommend this!
DF-C8DDE5F999E6-10963-000009DCF44163B0_zpsa4d382a8.jpg

I am not so sure if the new explorer's have this made for them yet but they are WeatherTec floor liners
they clean up real good, and fit like a dream (they are molded for your footroom)
The pic above is my weathertec's after going mudding, working on a jobsite that would tear the carpet up, spills, salt from the michigan roads, and some sand... they just clean right up! Wash them off with a hose and some dawn dish soap
These things have saved me a few bucks and are $200 at most
Mine havent been puked on YET (knock on wood) but if they do, I don't fear for the smell of my vehicle since they cover the carpet very well!
Good luck
carpet/upholstry cleaner, vaccum, and some air fresheners should clean the smell up! and protect your carpets next time :D
hope this helps!

EDIT:
http://www.weathertech.com/ford/2013/explorer/floorliner-digitalfit/2nd-row-floor-console/yes/
that is for a 2013 Explorer with 2nd row floor console, they make them for the 2013... $239
Weathertech.com go check it out

anyone have an actual name or a part number for that stink kill bomb? my dad works at a dealership, id like to get some of that

Just reading that makes me feel woozie.. try some of the heavier duty foaming carpet cleaner, then try using a steamer like the ones you can rent from some larger hardware stores. it might get some of the stuff that is real far into the carpet. then lots of fabreeze fabric spray for good measure. this stuff might not get everything out of the seams but i fyou have gotten most of the smell out then it might help get rid of the lingering stuff.

Calling Joe Dirt!

We know you can get this cleaned up :D

Sure hope the smell has been taken out by now. This thread is from November:D

Glad to report that about 98% of the stench is gone. Meaning, just sitting in the vehicle is fine. If you pop the seat up and stick your nose close to the carpet you can still enjoy a very faint wiff.........

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

post of the month im still laughing

Back