Location of blower motor resistor | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Location of blower motor resistor

Thanks for the update ripper. Glad it was the fix for you.

And, HOLY BEJEEZUS, I just clicked through to the Silverstateford link I provided above and the cost for the DATC controllers have about doubled since I originally posted it. I remember they were about $280 and $320 depending on build date. Now $480 and $640??? What is up with that?

Glad I don't need one...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a AC problem as well. I dont think that is directly related to this one but it is ac related.

I just picked up a 2002 xlt from my brother. He says the AC doesn't work cuz the AC to Heat Switch is bad (per the dealer) and requires that the dash is removed to replace the whole assembly. So basically this is the problem. Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Explorer Blower Speed Control Unit

ripper7: could you please tell me the part # for the blower motor Speed Control unit that you used? I have a 2002-1/2 Eddy B Exp 2WD with the DATC and think that I need this same Speed Control Unit. Also where did you purchase it at such a great price of $55, online? I'm also in CA. Thanks for posting your solution.

not sure if it relates but.

i have a 04 xlt and my blower motor only worked on high. I just replaced the part that the knob pushs into.the blower motor dail deal. . but it works again. easy fix.

anyone else have had that part go bad?

when it first went bad i thought it would be a blower motor resitor.

not sure if it relates but.

i have a 04 xlt and my blower motor only worked on high. I just replaced the part that the knob pushs into.the blower motor dail deal. . but it works again. easy fix.

anyone else have had that part go bad?

when it first went bad i thought it would be a blower motor resitor.

How much was that part and the part number?

sorry, i dont have the part #. Just went to the dealer and got it.

it was around 30$ i think, or 20$ , i forget. wasnt too expensive.

pretty easy to replace. just pop off the center bezel and remove the 2 bolts holding down where the knobs are , unplug the old one and plug in the new one and put it back together.

2006 Explorer blower resistor

hi - you guys are great! hope you can help me too...i can't find the blower resistor? 2006 XLT. what does the resistor look like, and where is it located? anybody have a picture of it's location? many thanks.

For the record; I lost fan speed 1 & 2 in my wife's '02 XLT, 4.6 4x4 and the resistor did the trick. 15 minutes (because of one PIA hex head screw) and all was good.

Thanks!

hey can anyone help i have a 2002 explorer xlt std a/c options nothing fancy,my blower just slowly died down and then stopped working,no speeds at all,so i checked the fuses all ok,replaced relay still no blower,unplugged my old fan put 12volts direct to the motor it works fine,replaced fan switch,still no fan,replaced blower resister still no blower??????checked the grounds all that i can find look ok???? any thoughts please?

Fan on high speed problem fixed

Thanks for all the posts. I just repaired my 2002 Eddie Bauer explorer fan speed problem by installing a new Ford OEM climated control module behind the glove box. Fix took less than 15 minutes. You definitely need to have the VIN number when ordering this part to confirm it will work with your vehicle.

Thanks for following up and posting the solution!

2005 Explore Blower Motor Stopped Working

It didn't give any warning. Just stopped working. I checked fuses and relay. Not the problem. I hear talk about motor resistor when the motor only works on high but mine totally stopped. I should probably unplug the motor and hook up a 12v source. I would need some coaching. Where would I get a 12v source. Long test leads off my battery. Anyway, any suggestion would be much appreciated. Thanks

Back