location TCC solenoid and Test data | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

location TCC solenoid and Test data

Byron Huntington

Reaction score
City, State
Willcox
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 ford Explorer
2003 explorer 4.0L sohc gas got these codes no engine light
PO743 TCC solenoid circuit malfunction
PO750 A/T Shift solenoid 1/A circuit malfunction
PO755 A/T Shift solenoid 2/B circuit malfunction
PO765 A/TShift solenoid 4/D circuit malfunction

Daughter bought the truck yesterday there is no engine light or o/d light with the key on I might suspect the bulbs have been pulled in order to sell. My question is there a commonality having all these codes at the same time. some eradiate shift problems just starting out seem like its in 3rd gear starting out happened twice other wise it drives fine the rest of the time. Is there something I can check? Have not checked fluid level as of yet just found out how to check it. Looking for the location of the TCC solenoid and how can I check the issues electrical test? there is no manual available in this small town but was thinking you all may know of an online site with all the necessary data Thanks for any Help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would check the case connector to make sure its not corroded or loose, multiple solenoid codes tends to be a connection problem rather than the solenoids all failing at once.

Clear all the codes and re drive it and see what returns.

I would check the case connector to make sure its not corroded or loose, multiple solenoid codes tends to be a connection problem rather than the solenoids all failing at once.

Clear all the codes and re drive it and what returns.
Thanks for the reply I will get it cleaned up this weekend and get back to you with the results Thanks again Byron

Thanks for the reply I will get it cleaned up this weekend and get back to you with the results Thanks again Byron

Ok here's what I got Fluid is clean and full pulled the connector it looked new clean and had clean die electric grease. Because it looked so good I pulled back the wire protection to see if a new connector was spliced in it there no splice found no damaged wires found. No damage to the solenoid pack connector on the wire bundle or solenoid pack itself. I deleted the codes and removed the Instrument cluster several wires rerouted and spliced behind there. This may be a little to confusing so if it is just skip it. I have rewired it back to the original configuration this is what I found

{L/H Instrument cluster ill call it PLUG # 1 black wire cut red / black wire cut.
one end of black wire was run from the L/H side Instrument cluster plug #1 to the red/black wire on the L/H Instrument cluster harness. other end of black wire left unconnected and the Other end of red/ black wire run from L/H Instrument cluster plug #1 At the plug over to headlight switch ill call it Plug #2 brown wire and jumper in. PLUG#1 Light Blue /red wire on L/H Instrument cluster spliced into and a jumper wire connected to under the left turn Signal bulb}. Now no L/H turn light inside the outside is fine no other discrepancies with the rewire.

The check engine bulb and the O/D bulb are part of the circuit board check engine bulb looks like someone fooled with the bulb. Still no check engine light or O/D light with the key on bulb check. Drove the truck about 10 miles in the city and highway and came out with 2 codes
PO750 A/T Shift solenoid 1/A circuit malfunction
PO755 A/T Shift solenoid 2/B circuit malfunction
Truck seemed to run ok no unusual shifts no slow start like its in third and no hard shifts
I would appreciate any insight from you all. One question if the magnet was put in the indentation for the filter pickup would it through these codes I haven't pulled the pan.
Thanks for the help guys

Can. You identify the wires you are speaking of?
IMG_3354.jpg

@transman304
Your schematic showing the instrument panel microprocessor individual connections is the first I've seen. Where did you obtain it? Could have used this info many times. Ford wiring diagrams are too vague in the area of the microprocessor. imp

Yes Imp, the wiring diagrams have really evolved over the past years from what they used to be. So many more electrical pieces on new stuff. That is from Mitchell Shop Key. I also have Alldata and between the two have pretty much up to date information. Plus having some friends as service technicians at dealerships helps with info that's available to them before it reaches the online data.

Thanks for the help guys I couldn't figure out how to reset my password. I just don't see the wire colors on that diagram.I have pics but don't know how to post em. Its spliced on the connector for the headlight switch its connector C205a BN wire and connector C220b RD/BK,BK, LB/RD.
Wires colors are noted in connector views page 150-22 and page 150-26

Back