Dismiss Notice

to owner generated reviews, discussion, tech tips, and more! The #1 Ford Explorer enthusiast resource on the Internet since 1996. We also cover the Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer, Lincoln Navigator, Mazda Navajo, Mazda Pickups, and the Aerostar.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Looking for a custom built car trailer on east coast

Discussion in 'Tow Rig Forum' started by boominXplorer, March 19, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. boominXplorer

boominXplorer Elite Ranger Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Virginia Beach, Va
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      00 4x4 Mounty
      Like the title says, looking for a new custom built trailer. Looking for a 18'-20' trailer with a capacity of 8-9k lbs. My goals are to be able to load my diesel F250 or my 6300lb forklift w/ a load on the trailer.

I have had a 2010 model 16ft car trailer the past 6 years and it has served me well other being a little short at times. Had a friend recently ask me to sell it to him since he really needed one and I honestly use mine about once a month. He offered me what I paid for it new so I couldn't resist. Basically used a car trailer for 6 years for the cost of a winch, 4 tires and a few lights (I always manage to smash them loading stuff up)

I'm looking for recommendations for places that custom build trailers on the east coast. I want quality and I want someone to also take into consideration I want to load a 6300lb forklift on it which has a very small footprint on it compared to a car. Thanks in advance for any replys

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.