Looking for info on Weather Tech 3rd Row Mat. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for info on Weather Tech 3rd Row Mat.

drober30

Reaction score
City, State
Grand Blanc, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited 302A
I want to know if the 3rd row mat covers or protects the carpet when the second row is folded up so people can get in?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1706335231973&set=o.381809751600&type=1&theater

from another post they gave the above link... pic looks good. the website confused me cause their pic of the 3rd row looks like a strip that wouldnt cover like the facebook pic but later i noticed if you click on the pic, it says "representation" of 3rd row. while clicking on the others will say "Ford Explorer"

so i messaged the owner and she said that it does cover saying, "I also like it because it does protect where the seat is forward and people are stepping in to get to the third row."

I was sold when she said that an ordered the 3 rows. More expensive than the huskys and the huskys look very nice... but the Weathertech look a better quality and super exact fit and like the texture and hadnt seen a bad review on them.

Thanks so much for the info!

That picture is what I saw online too but when I called Weather Tech, the girl said just the opposite.

Now the girl that answers the phone there has been there awhile and I have found her to not be knowledgeable or friendly for that matter so I thought I would ask the question in the forum.

I have always purchased Weather Tech and for the most part have been happy.

I like the texture of the front mats but they can be hard to clean and get that new look back.

I will order the set from them. My Explorer is being built this Saturday.

well, if you wanna wait a week then i'll let you know what shows up at my doorstep and give you some pics of it.

Thanks so much for the info!

That picture is what I saw online too but when I called Weather Tech, the girl said just the opposite.

Now the girl that answers the phone there has been there awhile and I have found her to not be knowledgeable or friendly for that matter so I thought I would ask the question in the forum.

I have always purchased Weather Tech and for the most part have been happy.

I like the texture of the front mats but they can be hard to clean and get that new look back.

I will order the set from them. My Explorer is being built this Saturday.

Yes it does. I really like the Weathertech fit, finish and quality.

Yes it does. I really like the Weathertech fit, finish and quality.

Can you please post a picture from the outside as if you were getting in showing the second row folded up and the protection it offers.

I'm ordering them anyway based on what you said but we all love pictures!

Thanks!

Fast40th-

What interior do you have on your Limited? I assume it must be Stone, but those pics make it look much more gray than ours.

What color are those WeatherTech mats?

They seem like a good match. I am ordering the WeatherTechs soon and just wanted to confirm which color to order.

Kabiblue -
Actually my Limited interior is black, albeit the carpeted surfaces are more on the gray side. The mats are black. The pictures look more on the gray side because of the camera exposure.

Here's another set of the pics with a different exposure level and resembling more the "true" tones:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ah. OK. Those look much more like what I expect.
Doesn't help me as much, as we have the stone interior.

However, I think the floor carpet is the same for everyone?

So the black WeatherTechs are probably the way to go.

@ Fast40th

Excellent pictures! Thanks for taking the time!

I wish they would have extended them just a little more toward the edge.

Looks like they could have covered that latch and notched out the mat.

Wont tell people to "make sure you step on the mat when getting in" well maybe my kids, but I will be thinking it!

drober30 -
Your welcome. Anytime.
Yes a little extra flap might have been helpful. But they are good for at least where it matters most.
It is my understanding that the Husky liners might have a bit more coverage, although with a different design pattern, fit and finish. You may want to inquire about them in one of the Husky threads in this forum.

drober30 -
Your welcome. Anytime.
Yes a little extra flap might have been helpful. But they are good for at least where it matters most.
It is my understanding that the Husky liners might have a bit more coverage, although with a different design pattern, fit and finish. You may want to inquire about them in one of the Husky threads in this forum.
Adding my thanks also. Do the third row seats fold down without any problems with the mats in place? Looks like they do, but thought I'd ask.

Gandalf -

Yes, 2nd and 3rd row seats fold down with no problems at all and without pinching the mat.

Just ordered my Weather Techs!:thumbsup:

I followed the Husky thread and Blownsmoke really put together an excellent deal for the forum members, however, I have always liked the fit and finish of the Weather Techs I have owned.

Gandalf -

Yes, 2nd and 3rd row seats fold down with no problems at all and without pinching the mat.
Thank you Fast40th! An earlier thread had talked about how tight the space was after folding and I just wanted to confirm the fit. Excellent!

the Husky third row liner does a better coverage job than the weathertech, IMHO.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the Husky third row liner does a better coverage job than the weathertech, IMHO.

I know their third row is new so do you have a picture of yours installed?

Back