• Register Today It's free!

Looking for some clearance!!!

RexTrac

Reaction score
City, State
Tacoma, Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac XLT 4x4
I have an 01 Sport Trac, no mods just yet other than flowmaster exhaust system. But I am looking to put a 3 or 4 inch suspension lift on it. Trying to find the least exspensive way to go about this. Any sugestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nope, the full IFS lift kits are liek $1500+ or you could always do an SAS, if thats out of the question, look towards a body lift and fender trimming

search

jimbo...what are you talking about :rolleyes:
check out the 95-01 explorer posts...im sure there is more info there....but i would say the best way to do it is get new leaf springs for the rear...im pretty sure they are the same as the reg. explorers other than the rate....longer shackles are also available for 95-01 4dr's...again im pretty sure its the same as the ST. the shackels are only good for like 1-1.5" i think.

not sure if anything ever became available for the front but last i heard the way they were lifting was the same as the lowering....crank up the tortion bars and get it aligned.

lifting the second gen is a bit more complicated than lowering...i lowerd mine 3" and it only cost me 25 bucks plus an alignment.

good luck man.

ok ill give a bit of a descriptions....but bear in mind ive had a few to drink.....ok so the 95-01's have the SLA front suspension and you can do a cheap 2in TT in the front for free(plus alignment cost), and then there are extended shackels in the rear. The part number is War-153 since you have a 01 sport they already have a multi leaf pack so no need on swaping them out. So you have a cheap 2in suspension lift. You could go with 1500 for a 4in superlift(suspension).....or go with a body lift. What you do is use the ranger kit and then make youir own bumber brakets. that is for the 3in for the 2in you use the 91-94 explorer kit. So thatr is a total of 5inches of lift.
the cost for a 3in BL is roughly 160
shackels- 60
TT-free
+alighnment
make sure you search too

wow couldnt have thought of anything better!!!!!! Thanks soooo much

Yeah, for a 4" suspension Superlift is the only game in town. Late-model Rangers/Explorers/Tracs are cheap to lift a little and expensive to lift a lot. Personally I'm not a fan of bodylifts, JMHO.
If you want more lift than that on a 4x4, I imagine the RCD or Dixon Bros. Ranger kits would work up front and you could do a sprung-over conversion in the rear. But then you're into even more serious money than the Superlift but they would be better if you're really, really into off-roading. For street and moderate off-roading the Superlift would be fine.
(It's only the $1000 a month child support payments that keep me from going totally insane on my truck. :confused: )

the rcd kiy has been used on a couple trucks on the forum...it gives about 5.5 inches of lift. Dixion has a lift and trailmaster has one too......but like i said in my previous post there are cheaper alternatives.

Back