Lots of new stuff. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lots of new stuff.

I've ordered a few things lately, and I will post plenty of pics once they are all installed.

Here's a list:

***Front Bumper from CRL Customs
***Rancho RS 9000X shocks
***Fiberglass Fenders - 5" flare from Fiberwerx
***Fiberglass hood from Explorer Express
*Warrior shackles for a bit more lift
*Torsion Twist
*Ford Racing hood pin kit
***Four PIAA 80 Pro XT lights
***Two PIAA 520 fog lights
***Warn D-ring shackles
*Classic Tube 8" extended SS braided brake lines
***Warn 9.5ti Thermometric Winch
***200 amp alternator

Pics to follow!

EDIT: The * items have arrived. The *** items are installed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How much did the fiberglass fenders from Fiberwerx cost you?
And what do they look like?

$300 for the pair, same as from Perry's. I would have ordered from Perry's, since they help sponsor this site, but they only have the 6" flared fenders. They look very similar to Perry's.

www.fiberwerx.com

Someone went a bit crazy, huh? :bounce: :confused: :eek:

Originally posted by Alec
Someone went a bit crazy, huh? :bounce: :confused: :eek:

Who?

...oh, yeah. I guess I did... :D

Well, got half the Rancho's installed. Gotta wait for my friend to get home so I can use his bech grinder to grind down the steel pegs in the rear shocks. Too wide to fit my lower shock mounts.

Got all the lights mounted (except the 520's; waiting for the bumper to arrive).

Otherwise, waiting for everything else to arrive...

don't you have to get pictures FIRST to start a before and after forum thread. not to hate but just a question.

I've got them, but I wanted to post them all at the same time for better comparison. I'll post some tomorrow.

Originally posted by DocVijay
I've got them, but I wanted to post them all at the same time for better comparison. I'll post some tomorrow.

Can't wait!

Update:

The hood should arrive in about 5-10 days.

Fenders in about 5 days also.

Rancho shocks are all mounted, but are a bit too long, so I'm hoping the shackles get here soon.

CRL Customs bumper should be shipped soon. Cory was just waiting on the winch plate from his machine shop.

Other bits and pieces should be here by Friday.

I'm looking for a photo I had of when my X was 100% stock. That'll really make a good before. I'll post some pics tonight.

100% Stock Explorer

Here she is before I got started.

4434stock.jpg

Update:

I ended up getting the 5" flared fenders. It's all that was available from Fiberwerx, and an inch smaller than the Perry's fenders. I've got some billet spacers on the way, so I may put the wider ones up front rather than in the rear.

Nothing else to post right now...

Parts are taking longer to get here than I expected. I got the lights mounted, so I guess I could post them.

I'm as eager to see the after as you are!

Here is a picture of the hood that he ordered.

Attachments

• cowl hood web.jpg
    cowl hood web.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,204

Here is a pic right after my lift comparing it to a stock X:

4434compraison_-_back.jpg

A bit of flex with the new lift:

4434flex-19.jpg

Backup lights installed:

4434dsc00359.jpg

PIAA 80 Pro XT lights installed:

4434lights-08.jpg

Dual 4' Firestik CB antennas:

4434antenna-01.jpg

The shackles (both kinds) arrived today! Gonna install them this weekend (or sooner).

Warrior Shackles
4434warrior-shackles.jpg

Warn Shackles for the CRL Customs Bumper. Now I just need the bumper!
4434front-shackles.jpg

OK, got the wheel spacers and the fenders today. Too dark for pictures tonight (unless someone really wants to see them), so I'll post pics tomorrow. The hood may get here tomorrow, but probably early next week. I'm going to document the installs, so I'll post plenty of pics.

Spoke to Cory this morning, winch plate got in yesterday, so the bumper should be built and shipped out by Monday or Tuesday. Yipee!

Those warn shackles.. are they 3/4" thick? wow, you'll never break them bad boys

I bought mine from a tractor supply co-op and the largest they had was 5/8" and its thicker than the factory tow loop on the rear of my Sport.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Hokie
Those warn shackles.. are they 3/4" thick? wow, you'll never break them bad boys

Yep, those are 3/4" shackles. And yes, I hope I never break them! Had to make sure they would fit the bumper clevis mounts (they will).

Back