Lots of new stuff. | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lots of new stuff.

I've ordered a few things lately, and I will post plenty of pics once they are all installed.

Here's a list:

***Front Bumper from CRL Customs
***Rancho RS 9000X shocks
***Fiberglass Fenders - 5" flare from Fiberwerx
***Fiberglass hood from Explorer Express
*Warrior shackles for a bit more lift
*Torsion Twist
*Ford Racing hood pin kit
***Four PIAA 80 Pro XT lights
***Two PIAA 520 fog lights
***Warn D-ring shackles
*Classic Tube 8" extended SS braided brake lines
***Warn 9.5ti Thermometric Winch
***200 amp alternator

Pics to follow!

EDIT: The * items have arrived. The *** items are installed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got a call from Explorer Express this evening. Hood has been shipped out, so it should be here everyday. Yipee!

Quote of the day (from my wife): "What the hell is that **** on your truck? It's white! It looks like crap!"

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Originally posted by DocVijay
it should be here everyday

you're getting multiple ones;)

So do you like the fiberwerx fenders?
Did they line up with the X's body lines?
Did they fit nice and easy on your X?

Originally posted by IAmTodd
you're getting multiple ones;)

Duh! OK, brain obviously took a vacation while the fingers were typing. :confused:

GIJOE: The Fiberwerx fenders are nice. They did line up pretty nicely with the body lines. The passenger side was a bit off on the lower back side, but it ended up fitting fine with a little "persuasion". The only problem is right under the headlights there is a 3/4" gap where it wasn't quite long enough to meet the grille. It's minor though, and once it's painted the same color as the rest of the body, it'll be hard to notice. The only hard part was getting the metal fenders OFF the X.

Now I just need to find a place for my radio antenna.

this may be a dumb statement but....
why can't you just mount it back in the stock location on the new bumpers??

You mean the new fenders? :p

Originally posted by CarFreak146
this may be a dumb statement but....
why can't you just mount it back in the stock location on the new bumpers??

First I'd have to reama new opening. THen I'd have to figure out how to bolt it on. The factory fenders have the mounting plate welded into the metal. The fiberglass ones dont.

You could mount your radio antenna underneath the fiberglass fenders. The antenna should still work through the fiberglass. I think thats how corvettes have their radio antenna's under its fiberglass body. But I could be wrong.
If it can be mounted under the fiberglass it would look cleaner than trying to mount it outside the glass.

ohhhh... I see. Thanks guys. What about getting a replacement antenna from O'Reilly's or something and just mounting on your roof angled back, kinda like what's on the cougars, but you could get a shorter one so it isn't as noticeable. Just an idea though.

There are also the ones that go along the inside the windshield, I guess they attach with some adheisive, they are a little strip. Those are really cool and dont really get in the way too much.

Originally posted by GIJOE
You could mount your radio antenna underneath the fiberglass fenders.

Good idea. Yes, radio waves can travel through fiberglass, so it should work.

Just go XM/serius and loose the antenna all together :D

It's finally here!

The good got here today. Going to install it on Friday. Can't wait. Lot's of pictures to come... :D

Now just waiting on the brake lines and the alternator.

What an F****** Nightmare!

Well, the good news is tha I got the hood mounted today and it looks great! Had to grind down the metal latch in the hood, but now it works just fine. Looks really sweet. Already had some guy tell me he like the front end. :D

Now, for the $hitty part of my day. I also had the spacers installed. They went on really easily, so no problems there. The fit fine, nuts torqued up fine. So as I'm leaving the shop, I turn left, and the front right wheel comes off! :eek: It bounces up into the new fiberglass fender, and so now I have a nice cracked fender that already needs to be replaced after a week! Mother F*****! I am so pissed. Anyhow, even though the X is lifted and I'm now driving down the street on three wheels, no danger of a rollover at all. Rollover thing is just BS. I did grind a little off the inside edge of my brake rotor though. Rest of the Explorer is just fine, just the fender got f***ed. So I go back tot he shop (I had only gotten 500 feet) and they come over and help me jack it up and put the wheel back on. I drive slowly back to the shop and they take the spacers off. Looks like the lugs were the wrong size, but were just big enough to engage the threads and torque down properly. But when I started driving, the lateral force just popped the lug nuts right off, and WHOOPS there goes the wheel. I'm going to have to call the spacer company and have a chat with them. Oh, and did I mention that it's been raining all day, so I got nice and wet while doing this crap.

Other than that it's been a lovely day here! :D

On a positive note, the hood does look bad-a$$ and I will trt and post some pice tonight if I get a chance.

WOW. Sorry to hear that. So whos paying for the fender. I know you arent!!

The first bit of carnage on your new stuff is not supposed to happen ON the road.;)

Originally posted by GaSouthern1
The first bit of carnage on your new stuff is not supposed to happen ON the road.;)

Yeah, I know! That's another reason I'm pissed!:mad:

Another good reason NOT to use spasers IMHO.

That really sucks Doc... I am sorry to hear that the new fender is allready done for... :(

Originally posted by Premier
Another good reason NOT to use spasers IMHO.

Yeah, I've decided to not use the spacers. When I eventually go to 35's, I'll just get wheels with more appropriate backspacing. The wheels I have now have a pretty big backspacing (like 5 inches).

Anyhow, here are some photots. It's raining today, so they aren't really that good. Hopefully I can get a new fender soon (mounting it will be easy this time) and get the thing painted.

HOOD:

4434hood-front.jpg

4434hood-side.jpg

4434hood-open.jpg

4434hood-inside.jpg

FENDER:
Bottom ripped right through.

4434fender-carnage-01.jpg

4434fender-carnage-02.jpg

4434fender-carnage-03.jpg

4434fender-carnage-04.jpg

4434fender-carnage-05.jpg

NEWS FLASH! The Alternator just arrived via my friendly UPS guy!

4434200-amp-alternator.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D

200 Amp ALt

¿Wherdja get it? ¿How much was it? And do they have it for the 4.0 SOHC? Also, ¿is that a jacked up ¡TWO WHEEL DRIVE!?

Back