Lowering the Explorer | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lowering the Explorer

New to the forums here. Figured I'd show a picture of my 2014 limited lowered on H&R Flex springs.

zl9w8.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also new to the forum. I've read through every thread I can find on lowering the Explorer Sport. Has anyone attempted just lowering the rear to match the stock front height? Sort of a reverse leveling kit. Any chance the stock rear flex springs would have any application here?

Anyone able to find the springs cheaper than $213!?!? I have a couple hours left to decide on whether or not I should purchase these springs for $213

H & r suspension issue

hi guys

i am new in this form , as well new in ford explorer world

i have ford explorer 2015 xlt , i bought the H&R 51630 Sport Spring from amazon to lower my car a bit , i received the springs , took them to our local ford dealer , they did not recommend to replace the OEM springs with the H&R springs , and they claimed that the drive line will be affected ,

is there and hazards of fixing those springs on my car such as the tires , stability , comfort , engine or transmission ?

thanks in advace guys

Welcome to the Forum explorer2015xlt.:wavey:
I have merged your thread with this existing one. reading briefly through some of the posts, it seems that some members have used the H&R Flex springs for the Explorer. Although I'm not familiar with the process, I'm guessing that anytime you change the springs from the OEM setup, you will affect the stability and comfort to some degree. Good luck.

Peter

kinda old pic. since I've blacked out the orange on the headlights.
the rims are 22" and my H&R spring for explorer come in about 8 hours. going to install them in the next few days. question is do i need to cut anything you think?

20141118_145043.jpg

Nice running boards

Here are pics of mine. Not to steal the thread but it's been dead for awhile.
I have 22" Giovanna Kilis black wheels on order.

IMG_4204.jpg

IMG_4203.jpg

IMG_4207.jpg

Nice Running Boards. What kind are they, and where'd you get them from? :)

Bstollmaier-good looking Ex. Love the stance! I have a set uf AMP running boards on my 14 Silverado LTZ Crewcab, wish they made they for the EX Sport!!

Mike

I'd like to buy someone's stock springs, but NOT Sport springs. PM me if you are interested in selling.

kinda old pic. since I've blacked out the orange on the headlights.
the rims are 22" and my H&R spring for explorer came in. i am going to install them in the next few days. question is do i need to cut anything you think?

20141118_145043.jpg

WTB your old stock sport springs.

I have a NON sport explorer, Im looking to drop it just a little. and from what i understand the Sport is 1" or so lower than the limited . So i would like to buy anyones stock sport springs,

Running boards are Aries.
Springs are Ford Flex.

Alright! I finally did it! I lowered my 2011 Ford Explorer XLT..looks like it got about 2 in the back and about 1.something in the front. I can't post photos on here through this computer, but I'm going to try and do it when I get home. It closed the gap pretty well considering I have the 18" rims not the 20" rims. I also used the H&R sport springs 51630. Actually, here is the Amazon.com link that I got it from. I also left a review with a photo of my Explorer before and after.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I5HVZRW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

how much lower is the sport comapred to other models STOCK?

The Sport sits about one inch lower than any other trim.

I finally got the H&R springs and BORA 3/4" spacers put on. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.
IMG_4898_zps4od7un20.jpg

IMG_4896_zpsezrfwwrj.jpg

IMG_4893_zpsjduboiiu.jpg

Does it change the ride quality all that much?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back