• Register Today It's free!

Lug conversion

John Crawford

Reaction score
City, State
Gladewater
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 explorer Eddie bauer
Hey guys I am wondering if anyone has done it or knows how it could be done I am in the process of getting my 03 back on the road and would like to put newer style rims off of like 15 and up f150 and want to convert to a 6 lug from a 5 lug without just doing spacers if at all possible and would also like recommendations on lift kits

Your easiest solution would be to use rims with the correct lug pattern.

I have no idea if there is a Ford 6-lug hub that will fit the Explorer spindle. If there is, it would be the same procedure as changing a wheel bearing.

As far as lifts, there is a ton of info on this forum. The only options are strut spacers and/or body lift, but there is no specific body lift kit made for our trucks, you need to adapt a Ranger kit (PA883).

Awesome thanks for the info I'll keep digging around

It would be much less expensive to run adaptors. If you get them custom made from BORA you can get hub and wheel centric spacers nearly any thickness you want. I had adaptors made for my Explorer rear axle when I did my SAS. They are hub and wheel centric, and a little less than 1" thick. Have had them for 4 years with some hard driving and no issues. If you want to get a price, call and ask for Lenny. He can give you a better deal than what is listed on their web site.
Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech

Back