Lynchy's wagon | Page 22 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Thought I'd register my rig. Bought her in 2008 65k miles on the clock for $18 grand, always been happy with her until I caught the modding bug (you *******s, yeah you know who you's are). So now I'm extremely happy and love my x and decided to post some pics in here.

This is when I first got her.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 2,650
  • Picture 086 (Small).jpg
    Picture 086 (Small).jpg
    33 KB · Views: 2,512
  • Picture 012 (Small).jpg
    Picture 012 (Small).jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 2,519
  • Picture 009 (Small).jpg
    Picture 009 (Small).jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 2,474

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hahaha yep. Tomorrow's another day, I'll get it done and be a first category guy then mate! Then take your advice and crack a beer.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

attachment.php

Lynchy could you show some love to that engine bay? Get it all shiny and clean. :p:

I would do mate, but living on a gravel road stop's me dead in me track's every time I consider it:D:thumbsup: But I might give it abit of a clean tomorrow, just for you and Joe :D Don't say I never do anything for you's:D:thumbsup:

Haha alright. :D

I swear Oz must be just dust in the air; I off-road on some dusty roads and I'm pretty sure that my engine bay still looks cleaner afterwards. :p: And I've never cleaned my engine bay to be honest.

Although that red/orange dirt gives your Ex's engine some character :thumbsup:

Happy ANZAC Day mate! :salute: Keep in mind that I am 12 hours behind you so it's still April 25th. How's the license chase going?

AnzacDay.jpg

Thank you Sir. Had a great one altho' it pissed down with rain all day:D. Liver function test came back as normal so I should find out from the transport mob sometime this week or early next depending on whether they have their act together or not (we had easter holidays fri, sat, sun and mon plus tuesday off for ANZAC so I hopefully will be back on the road soon (touch lot's and lot's of wood) :D Thank's for checking in mate and I hope all is well in your neck of the woods.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good luck to you. Knocking on all the wood I can find. Everything here is as good as can be expected. Been out of work for 15 months. Job interview tomorrow. Wish me luck! ;)

Bloody Awesome, The Best of Luck to you mate! Let me know if you need a reference, I promise not to be too drunk if they call:D. Sincerely hope everything goes well tho'. I've got finger's, toe's and any other bit's of my anatomy I can cross, crossed for you. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks mate. Gotta hit the rack. I'll keep you posted. I watched a documentary on the Ningaloo Reef on the Smithsonian Channel the other day. It was pretty amazing!

No worries mate, Ningaloo is a special place to be sure. Have a good'n and kick arse tomorrow!!

Good luck to you. Knocking on all the wood I can find. Everything here is as good as can be expected. Been out of work for 15 months. Job interview tomorrow. Wish me luck! ;)

Good luck with the interview BigRondo. Was in your shoes for about a year when I got off active duty in 09....you'll find something eventually!

Well have all the part's together to install the locker's. Locker's, compressor and bearing kit's.(front came with free timken bearing's, bonus!!!) I ended up going through a mob called Seven Spring's Custom's on ebay and they had good service and prices. Worth a look if considering this option. Now the saving game start's for the install:thumbsup:

Still waiting on license result's:rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMAG0059.jpg
    IMAG0059.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 278
  • IMAG0060.jpg
    IMAG0060.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 275

I'm going to be a poofter and get a professional to do it But with only 3 3rd gen's in town odd's are he's never touched an 8.8" and unless he's done an install on a jeep has never seen a dana 30! Hahaha so still plenty o' cussin, just not from this little black duck:D (Until I open my wallet that is)

I was crawling underneath my truck this evening and looking at all of the crap I'm going to have to unbolt when I take my diffs out (was planning to do it this weekend). I think it's about a double six pack job :D And that's without messing with the ring and pinions. almost tempted to go the installer route to save me the trouble.

You're a better man than me mate, doing that! I tried to crawl under me truck and got me chest wedged against the sub frame and said "f*** no, f*** this, where's that f*****' mechanic's phone number!"

Maybe grab 4 sixer's just in case!

You're a better man than me mate, doing that! I tried to crawl under me truck and got me chest wedged against the sub frame and said "f*** no, f*** this, where's that f*****' mechanic's phone number!"

Maybe grab 4 sixer's just in case!

haha! being lifted has its uses!

But not too long ago I do remember getting myself in the same situation :D

Tempting mate, but I think the end result would be the same. It's just easier to drive to the mechanic in the first place than trailer her after I've buggered it up :D

The lift could be worth considering doing first as well. It would probably offer more room to get to the diff's. They'll get done within cooee of each other, I just don't want to put the cart in front of the horse. I don't know but I'm not too worried right now that'll happen when I get the fund's:D:thumbsup:

Lynchy, will you, wait, do you ever stop working on your explorer? :p: Just asking, because I do love what you are doing to it. Close to what I want to do.

Back