Mach 1 wrecks....OUCH!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mach 1 wrecks....OUCH!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man, that really sucks!
Hopefully everyone is ok.

WOW! I thought this might have been another one of Rick's silly posts, but to no avil I was wrong.

Man that sucks big time, I used to see vehicles like that every day, too bad people just don't know how to drive.

Jeff - :navajo:

Almost seems like that car handled the crash better then that Explorer but If you switched it around and The Explorer T-boned that car it would be bad news.

XLimited said:
Almost seems like that car handled the crash better then that Explorer but If you switched it around and The Explorer T-boned that car it would be bad news.

I was thinking the same. Thats a nice color on the Mach too.

too bad 2 nice vehicles got totalled. u never hear of an S-10 plowing into a blazer, too bad... As long as no one gets hurt of course.

I wonder how fast they were going and what age the driver was. At least it says the people were okay. Lucky for the mach owners, now one less in existance means there are less out there, in turn increasing value.

It says the woman driving the MACH blacked out....

My guess on the speed of impact is based upon being familar with both roads where these vehicles met. The Explorer was probably traveling between 45-60 mph as it was on a two lane state highway with posted 55mph speed and on the downside of a long sloping hill. The mach was actually coming up from a pretty steep hill when the road levels off for about .2 mile so my guess is this could (I'm not sure how as both are destroyed) worse as the mach was probably traveling between 35-50. I road bike just about every day in the summer in this particular area and know all the rises and drops in these two roads as I constantly shifting my bike to take advantage of the hills. They met at an intersection which can be a little tricky to begin with, so I'm not totally surprised by this.

The driver of the Mach (spoke to her Friday night at the local car cruise) said she blacked out and no alcohol or drugs were involved as far as I know. She was real lucky!

Shaker has attached this image:

Yikes. There was enough forces apparent to cause death; both vehicles maintained adequate "survivable space" to protect the occupants. Glad the drivers were not DOA.

Sigh...these cars get rarer every day... :(

N1331.jpg

http://www.mpsautosalvage.com/showcar.cfm?ID=431&CategoryID=2

somebody was going just a bit too fast

I love it. "It's a 5 speed car so I don't know if a cell phone was the issue".

As if you can't drive a 5 speed with a cell phone... I guess he's never seen a semi driver gabbing on the phone while rowing a 16 speed tranny...

So how many Mach 1's are left now Jeff? 6:eek:;)

Just noticed I was replying to your first post which is two years old:D

I love it. "It's a 5 speed car so I don't know if a cell phone was the issue".
The Stang lookes to be an automatic. I love the American flag painted horse on the front. I wonder if I could get the motor???

*Sigh*...And rarer yet again...they're dropping like flies..rear ended by a Saturn at 40mph...:(

2004863828121234303_rs.jpg

WHOA! :(

Jeff - :navajo:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

These things are dropping like flies:eek: . This one happened last night. Driver swerved to avoid a deer and found a tree instead (see slot in hood).

attachment.php

Back