• Register Today It's free!

Major roll

List of damge
-Bent frame, gas tank pushing into the rear drive shaft
-Bent wristed radius arm
-Bent rim, tire still holdig air
-All but three windows
-Roof colapsed about 1 to 1 1/2 feet
-Broken front Panhard bar, still salvageable with parts.
-Drivers side rock slider
-Not a straight body panel with the exception of the unscathed rear hatch.
-Drivers door no longer closes after being pryed open.

Everything else is good. Just need a new frame and body to transfer all the parts over. Didn't even break any lights.

Here's the story, as usual, as with my previous roll over, it is not very exciting. Driving dow a fire road at about 20 mph, I reached over to grab the CB mic from the passenger floorboard. I drifted right as I did this and the passenger side hit the supersoft shoulder of the fire road. I tried to correct, but to no avail we went over and ended up about 30 ft down up against a tree, upside down. The two boys were both on the passenger side and were out easy. I was pinned and it required a little bit of pressure from a wich to pull me off the roof a little to give me enough room to get out of the drivers side window.

It took three winches to get it out, but she still runs and moves under her own power. Of course, this was after I pulled the plugs and cleared the oil out of the cylinders.

I will post picture later when I get home.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

See what happens when we let a Squid on the trail. ;) Just pullin your chain man. I am very happy to hear you and the kids are ok.

PS.. The wife was looking forward to our Marine vs. Sailor spats and the Fireworks that launch into DB_1's tent this winter. :p

Sorry to hear about this Kevin!

Let me know if there is anything I can do - Like I've said before, the bender IS portable. I do have a week of free time between Christmas and New Years.

Glad ur okay.

And...Ummm....your gonna need a new driver's side mirror. :eek:

You could start a new club. Dif whack Daddy and the rollover twice posse.

I trailered it home. That thing is strictly a trailer queen since I got the F-350.

Good news, just found a black 91 4dr with a siezed motor. $500. It looks like it has a new water pump and an aluminum core radiator. Only problem is it's missing the left (drivers side) front fender, headlight, and turn signal. Anybody have these laying arround?

Ouch!!!!!! When did you do this? I was just up in the Tinkham area Saturday. Hiked to Mason Lake and drove around a bit. Wish I would've been around a little closer to offer a hand. Scarryyyy stuff. Glad you and yours are all right!!

That's great news Kevin :thumbsup:

Hokie said:
Dang, not much left to salvage there... you gonna just sawzall the whole top off and forgo a windshield?

All the salvageable stuff is underneath. Thats the important part. The top is just cosmetic and conveniant.

Diff Whack Daddy said:
List of damage
-Bent frame, gas tank pushing into the rear drive shaft
-Bent wristed radius arm

Diff Whack Daddy said:
All the salvageable stuff is underneath. Thats the important part. The top is just cosmetic and conveniant.

Is the frame fixable or are you going to have to swap frames and redo the SAS mounts?

Hey, you've got time to get it swapped over by thanksgivings!

Come on Kevin, get to work!

EEEK! I'm glad you came out of that unscathed.....

I think you are definitley the rollover KING! :D :eek:

I still cant believe no one was hurt. When I first looked down that mountain at the rig, I thought "no way in hell am i following him down there", then i realized the third brake light was on the bottom....but hey, there is some good news from that weekend.....I didnt break anything for a change!

Kevin, we only got about 20 seconds of video, Jenna stopped taping because of the hail and snow. You can just make out your truck being flipped back onto the tires, and thats it.

How about still pictures?

I have a drivers side fender if you need it. Due to your situation its yours for 10.00 plus the shipping. Let me know

Trckmagik said:
I have a drivers side fender if you need it. Due to your situation its yours for 10.00 plus the shipping. Let me know
Hey Trckmagik, thanks. I PM'ed you with shipping info. Get me a quote and I'll get the money to you. :D :thumbsup: :chug:

More good news. I took my wristed radius arm which bent in the roll down to the guy that made it and he fixed it. A little heat and a 20,000 lb press at work and it was good as new. "FREEBIE" :eek: . That saves $300 on the repair cost. So far I have spent $500 for the donor body and frame and the only other parts I need is a new trackbar at $110 from Jeffs Bronco Graveyard and the $10 plus shipping fender from Trckmagik. That's a total of $620 to get my truck back to where it was. Not bad :D Now all I need is a fleet of mechanics to help swap it all over. ;)

Glad to hear everyone was ok, now you'll have to add another rolled Ex smilie to your signature.

Back