• Register Today It's free!

Major roll

List of damge
-Bent frame, gas tank pushing into the rear drive shaft
-Bent wristed radius arm
-Bent rim, tire still holdig air
-All but three windows
-Roof colapsed about 1 to 1 1/2 feet
-Broken front Panhard bar, still salvageable with parts.
-Drivers side rock slider
-Not a straight body panel with the exception of the unscathed rear hatch.
-Drivers door no longer closes after being pryed open.

Everything else is good. Just need a new frame and body to transfer all the parts over. Didn't even break any lights.

Here's the story, as usual, as with my previous roll over, it is not very exciting. Driving dow a fire road at about 20 mph, I reached over to grab the CB mic from the passenger floorboard. I drifted right as I did this and the passenger side hit the supersoft shoulder of the fire road. I tried to correct, but to no avail we went over and ended up about 30 ft down up against a tree, upside down. The two boys were both on the passenger side and were out easy. I was pinned and it required a little bit of pressure from a wich to pull me off the roof a little to give me enough room to get out of the drivers side window.

It took three winches to get it out, but she still runs and moves under her own power. Of course, this was after I pulled the plugs and cleared the oil out of the cylinders.

I will post picture later when I get home.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

WOW! Glad Char is OK, I second the nomination for Char to be a member of the roll over posse.
DWD: sorry we hijacked your thread, good to see how much you've progressed with the new one. :cool:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

AspenX said:
I have a white fender you could have but the front half is bare metal where the paint burned off.

:eek:

No!!! :eek: Then his car will burn! Look at what happened with the fender off the ex that rolled! :confused:

:D

Update

I spent today pulling out the stock front end and getting my track bar mount installed. The coil buckets are ready to go in, and then the front axle. While I was underneath, I grabbed the sledge hammer and made room for the Atlas II t-case and shifters.

154MVC-541S.jpg

Afender would sure look good here. Hint, Hint, Trckmagik ;)
154MVC-542S.jpg

Yet another update

The rock sliders are on too, but I took the pic before that. You can see tommorows task sitting in front of the Ex.
154MVC-557S.jpg

AH........ I will get that out.. I didnt realize you work that quickly :) You said no hurry so thats what I was doing. I will try and locate a better way to ship as I cant do the 100.00 dollar UPS route.

Oh by the way.... The fender is White :)

Trckmagik said:
AH........ I will get that out.. I didnt realize you work that quickly :) You said no hurry so thats what I was doing. I will try and locate a better way to ship as I cant do the 100.00 dollar UPS route.

I can understand the no UPS thing. I had no idea it would go this quick either, but I enlisted my two nephews who need a senior project for high school and since they go to fifferent schools, they are both helping on this one.

Trckmagik said:
Oh by the way.... The fender is White :)

Awesome :D I will gwt a pic of that mounted before my rattle can professional nephew gets a hold of it.

Can you post a pic of how you built your coil buckets/shock towers? :) Thanks!

I need to make a set but want to see a good clear pic of what someone else has done before I start wasting metal. :)

Update

Tranny is in, rear driveshaft in, brakes bled, and sitting back on her own shoes. All that's left to make her move is T-case linkage. It has a bit of a rough idle, but runs great at higher RPM's. I think it needs a tune up as some of the spark plugs may be fouled.
154MVC-558S.jpg

rpenner54 said:
Can you post a pic of how you built your coil buckets/shock towers? :) Thanks!

I need to make a set but want to see a good clear pic of what someone else has done before I start wasting metal. :)

Mine are pretty basic. The shock mounts are stock F250/F350 shock mounts. The coil buckets are from the 79 type broncos. The lower bolt on the shock mount, which already has hole in it, went to the lower right rivet hole of the stock coil bucket(see last pic).
154MVC-562S.jpg

The coil bucket was cut down(off the bottom) and then the lower left rivet hole of the stock coil bucket was used to center the coil bucket on. On the drivers side, because of the way the frame is shaped, there is basicly only one position that will work properly.
154MVC-560S.jpg

154MVC-564S.jpg

Hope this helps.

that suck to hear about your ride :( ! but you fixed her up pretty quick. you need to come over and help me fix mine ;)

Your fender is ready for shipment. I will head out on Friday to Get er Done :)

Can you tell me who made your steering setup?

Trckmagik said:
Can you tell me who made your steering setup?

Not right now, but I have a PM out to the original owner of it. It came with tdavis's Navajo when I bought it from him. I had to cut it down a little bit to make the steering wheel straight as I think it was originally for an EB or a 79 bronco.

Where is the updated pics? I wanna see that white fender :)

Update

Sorry it took so long. I couldn't find my red tape. :D
154MVC-572S.jpg

154MVC-571S.jpg

I am glad it went to a good home.

Man i rolled my ranger the EXACT same way you did but it was to the left and i was goin about 15 mph, the funny thing is the front of my roof looked exactly the same from using my hi lift to jack the roof back up. Logging roads and distractions dont mix i guess

Back