MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer

I have a 2011 Explorer and the update is not showing up on the Ford website. It says my Sync is up to date, was last updated in March 2014, and I'm only running 3.6.2.

I just sent you a PM jason with my VIN, if you don't mind taking a peak and see if there is any clue why I'm not seeing an update available?
This same issue arose with some of us with one of the previous updates as well and we had to get the update sent out to us on a USB drive.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

By the way, looks like there is still a bug that causes the CD to be ejected upon vehicle startup from time to time. Or maybe I'm the only one with that problem :(

By the way, looks like there is still a bug that causes the CD to be ejected upon vehicle startup from time to time. Or maybe I'm the only one with that problem :(
I may have missed it but I don't recall anyone else reporting the CD issue.

Peter

Long time listener, first time caller ...

I updated to 3.8 tonight and lost functionality of the text message notification on the screen. Iphone 6s, IOS 9.2 ... I have tried every pairing/deleting combination and yes I have 'show notifications' on.

Anyone have any new insight?

Thanks in advance.

Long time listener, first time caller ...

I updated to 3.8 tonight and lost functionality of the text message notification on the screen. Iphone 6s, IOS 9.2 ... I have tried every pairing/deleting combination and yes I have 'show notifications' on.

Anyone have any new insight?

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried reverse pairing? If so, a reboot of your phone should fix it. That's what worked for me. 2 different MFT's and 3 different iPhones with 9.2.

Yes, have tried both.

OK, just want to triple check. Trying to help, not offend.

Try this in this order.

1. Delete phone from MFT and SYNC from phone.
2. Shut down and re-start MFT and Phone.
3. Reverse pair devices. Open Bluetooth on iPhone. In MFT hit add devices and then immediately add other devices button on bottom of screen and follow directions.
4. Once they have been paired turn on notifications on iPhone.
5. Shut down iPhone. Reboot iPhone once it's up re-connect to MFT if it doesn't automatically.
6.have somebody send you a text.

Again, just trying to help.

I have downgraded to 3.6.2 and got TravelLink back.
I start to hate you Ford more and more. All these little things...

I have downgraded to 3.6.2 and got TravelLink back.
I start to hate you Ford more and more. All these little things...
No one else has complaint about losing Travel Link after updating to 3.8. In fact Sgt1411 says his is working. Has to be a problem at your end.

Peter

No one else has complaint about losing Travel Link after updating to 3.8. In fact Sgt1411 says his is working. Has to be a problem at your end.

Peter

Sgt1411 is the only one from Canada who said his is working.
In fact, I'm talking about "Travel Link" menu located just above "Alerts" in notification center. I have heard so many complaints about this going away with the update.

Sgt1411 is the only one from Canada who said his is working.
In fact, I'm talking about "Travel Link" menu located just above "Alerts" in notification center. I have heard so many complaints about this going away with the update.
I have 3.8 installed and this is what I have.

Peter

Attachments

• P1050367_001.JPG
    P1050367_001.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 447

Welcome to the Forum. :wavey:
If Rebecca of the Ford IVT team doesn't respond to your email, which she usually does, you can send her a PM using this link; https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=181992

Peter

Thanks, Peter!

Yes, have tried both.

Hi TwoBlackStangs!

I agree with Lewisra on the order of steps below. This should allow you to receive your texts via MFT, but you still won't be able to send them unless you use Siri. We are working with Apple to get a few things worked out, and you may also have to plug your phone into the USB port to use Siri.

OK, just want to triple check. Trying to help, not offend.

Try this in this order.

1. Delete phone from MFT and SYNC from phone.
2. Shut down and re-start MFT and Phone.
3. Reverse pair devices. Open Bluetooth on iPhone. In MFT hit add devices and then immediately add other devices button on bottom of screen and follow directions.
4. Once they have been paired turn on notifications on iPhone.
5. Shut down iPhone. Reboot iPhone once it's up re-connect to MFT if it doesn't automatically.
6.have somebody send you a text.

Again, just trying to help.

Rebecca

That's exactly what I had too, I dropped the Travel Link Services as of January 1st 2016 all except the Traffic Information. Its working fine, Im seeing all the congestion in RED and the Traffic Incident Icons are all showing up along my route.

I was getting Gas Prices, Movie Information, Weather, all the info.

I have 3.8 installed and this is what I have.

Peter

Peter,
do you have current subscription?
Anyway, another guy on Focus forum had a subscription with Sirius and after 3.8 ugrade he lost it. i helped him to downgrade to 3.6 and he got it back.
Meanwhile, he got up to Ford of Canada vice-president (ironically sitting in Detroit or somewhere in Michigan) and didnt get any reasonable answer to his "why"...

Peter,
do you have current subscription?
Anyway, another guy on Focus forum had a subscription with Sirius and after 3.8 ugrade he lost it. i helped him to downgrade to 3.6 and he got it back.
Meanwhile, he got up to Ford of Canada vice-president (ironically sitting in Detroit or somewhere in Michigan) and didnt get any reasonable answer to his "why"...
No I don't have a subscription.

Peter

Thanks all, my texts started coming through all of a sudden without changing anything. Weird, but good.

NOW, why does my radio change from Sirius to Blutooth audio about every other time I activate Siri? Super annoying ...

Thanks, Peter!

Hi TwoBlackStangs!

I agree with Lewisra on the order of steps below. This should allow you to receive your texts via MFT, but you still won't be able to send them unless you use Siri. We are working with Apple to get a few things worked out, and you may also have to plug your phone into the USB port to use Siri.

Rebecca

Thanks all, my texts started coming through all of a sudden without changing anything. Weird, but good.

NOW, why does my radio change from Sirius to Blutooth audio about every other time I activate Siri? Super annoying ...

Awesome; I'm glad it's working now! The switching of audio sources is a known issue with iOS 9.2 and we're working with Apple for a solution. For now, try plugging your phone in via USB to use Siri. :)

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My instructions will fix that as well, but only temporarily. I don't use our Explorer often enough to know how long that lasts, it may be only until you shutdown.

Back