MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer

No, it doesn't. Been there, done that.

My instructions will fix that as well, but only temporarily. I don't use our Explorer often enough to know how long that lasts, it may be only until you shutdown.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Awesome; I'm glad it's working now! The switching of audio sources is a known issue with iOS 9.2 and we're working with Apple for a solution. For now, try plugging your phone in via USB to use Siri. :)

Rebecca

Rebecca,
Could you please explain to Canadians why they lose Sirius Travel Link after upgrade to 3.8 (well, apparently not everyone but many of us) in the same way like you explained issues with iOS. It could be one step towards to caring about your customers.

I can't speculate on that, RedDen, but for those of you missing it, please visit your dealer to have it corrected.

Rebecca

No kidding, one of the owners reached vice president of Ford Canada and yet it was not fixed!

I have noticed today when driving my Focus that we got our first ever HD radio channel in Calgary, 105.1FM and it seems to me I wont be able to get along with it while driving my Explorer since it has no HD radio button! Thank you Ford!

I have noticed today when driving my Focus that we got our first ever HD radio channel in Calgary, 105.1FM and it seems to me I wont be able to get along with it while driving my Explorer since it has no HD radio button! Thank you Ford!

HD radio button? A physical button, or no choice to turn it on and off in MFT? Sorry, I don't drive my MFT vehicles very much anymore, from what I remember it's a choice in MFT to turn HD radio off/on.

HD radio button? A physical button, or no choice to turn it on and off in MFT? Sorry, I don't drive my MFT vehicles very much anymore, from what I remember it's a choice in MFT to turn HD radio off/on.
Here is what mine shows. It is an HD Radio 'touch' button. The fact that the yellow light is ON does not indicate that the music is in HD. It just signifies that the ability to receive HD is ON. Pressing it in its current state will turn the light indicator OFF. Although I have the MLT, I believe it is the same as MFT.

Peter

Attachments

• P4240326_001.JPG
    P4240326_001.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 583

You have to have the SONY system to have HD radio.

Here is what mine shows. It is an HD Radio 'touch' button. The fact that the yellow light is ON does not indicate that the music is in HD. It just signifies that the ability to receive HD is ON. Pressing it in its current state will turn the light indicator OFF. Although I have the MLT, I believe it is the same as MFT.

Peter

I understand that and what I meant was that I dont have that button at ALL on MFT screen!

I understand that and what I meant was that I dont have that button at ALL on MFT screen!
In checking the Manuals, it looks like HD Radio first appeared in the 2013 Explorer.

Peter

In checking the Manuals, it looks like HD Radio first appeared in the 2013 Explorer.

Peter

It does not make any sense to me, Focus 3 which is two times less expensive has it since the start of production (at least my Focus was built in March 2011, half a year before my Explorer and it comes with HD radio).

It does not make any sense to me, Focus 3 which is two times less expensive has it since the start of production (at least my Focus was built in March 2011, half a year before my Explorer and it comes with HD radio).
We are only the customers. It doesn't have to make sense. :):thumbsup:

Peter

Kind of like the 2016 Focus getting SYNC 3 and 2016 Explorer not. I guess Explorer continues to be a year behind in technology.

I just pulled up the build sheet on a 2011 Explorer with the Sony system and it says it has HD radio.

I just pulled up the build sheet on a 2011 Explorer with the Sony system and it says it has HD radio.
The first Owner's Manual to reference HD radio is the 2013. No mention of it in the 2011 - 2012 Manuals.

Peter

Can dealer enable it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What is your VIN or are you able to pull up your build sheet?

I can check my build sheet on ETIS, not sure if it what is needed. I PM you my VIN.

Back