MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer

on my macbook, I download the file and then unzip onto the desktop. Once it's unzipped, I move it onto the USB drive. I don't open up anything else. I grab that whole thing and move it as is after unzipping. The sync system recognizes it and updates.

I'm ending up with about 20 or so files and many are still zipped. Is that what you had as well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm ending up with about 20 or so files and many are still zipped. Is that what you had as well.

Try using the app "The Unarchiver" if you are on a Mac, my Mac didn't unzip the files correctly and I also ended up with zipped folders.

You should end up with a folder named SyncMyRide which contains many files some of which are zipped(this is ok) and then 2 files outside of the folder(autoinstall.lst and DONTINDX.MDA). These 3 things needs to be on the USB in that manner.

You should end up with a folder named SyncMyRide which contains many files some of which are zipped(this is ok) and then 2 files outside of the folder(autoinstall.lst and DONTINDX.MDA). These 3 things needs to be on the USB in that manner.

That's what I usually end up with I believe. i've only done it once with my macbook so far.

Not at all..... I ended up with a folder and I think either 1 or 2 files. Then those items went onto the flash drive and I updated the sync system as normal.

Here's what I ended up with from my Mac:

25283939981_a767c71f33_z.jpg

vs when I did it on a PC, with all the BT4T and EA5T files inside the SyncMyRide folder:

25287196381_b251702456_z.jpg

Not sure why, I'd done updates from my Mac before.

Here's what I ended up with from my Mac:

25283939981_a767c71f33_z.jpg

vs when I did it on a PC, with all the BT4T and EA5T files inside the SyncMyRide folder:

25287196381_b251702456_z.jpg

Not sure why, I'd done updates from my Mac before.

The image at the top is exactly what I ended up with. I'll try the unarchiver app or wait until i get to work and use the pc. Thanks for all of the replies.

You can also just create a folder names "SyncMyRide" and move all the files who's names start with "SyncMyRide" into that folder.

In the end, you'll end up with 3 items:

SyncMyRide folder
autoinstall.lst
DONTINDX.MSA

Move those 3 onto the flash drive and update as normal.

Hi Jimmy-B,

What browser did you use to download the files from, and after unzipping and adding it to your flash drive, what files and folders do you see?

Rebecca

Rebecca,

I've installed the update (actually also installed this update from the Lincoln site into my Wife's Lincoln MKC) and I'm running into a problem.

When I press and hold the steering wheel button to activate Siri, it's changing my radio source from the radio to music on my phone via Bluetooth. I've tried it several times at varying lengths, same thing each time.

So I tried the home button on the phone to activate Siri and it does the same thing, Radio to Bluetooth music.

The Lincon upgrade works like a charm, no issues using either my phone or her iPhone.

Any suggestions?

Rebecca,

I've installed the update (actually also installed this update from the Lincoln site into my Wife's Lincoln MKC) and I'm running into a problem.

When I press and hold the steering wheel button to activate Siri, it's changing my radio source from the radio to music on my phone via Bluetooth. I've tried it several times at varying lengths, same thing each time.

So I tried the home button on the phone to activate Siri and it does the same thing, Radio to Bluetooth music.

The Lincon upgrade works like a charm, no issues using either my phone or her iPhone.

Any suggestions?

Hi RetroHarley,

Siri Eyes Free was added when we released version 3.8 last year. Since then, Apple released version 9.2 and that caused issues with the feature. Looks like version 9.3 was sent to devices today, and it fixed the issues with Siri Eyes Free. Check your iPhone to see if the update is available for you to download.

Shaay

Hi RetroHarley,

Siri Eyes Free was added when we released version 3.8 last year. Since then, Apple released version 9.2 and that caused issues with the feature. Looks like version 9.3 was sent to devices today, and it fixed the issues with Siri Eyes Free. Check your iPhone to see if the update is available for you to download.

Shaay

Updated the phone to 9.3 - check!
Tried Siri Eyes Free, it worked - check!

Thank you Shaay.

Rebecca, is there any word on if the problem with the car not connecting to the last bluetooth audio source when the car is started (always tries to connect to the default bluetooth source instead) in 3.8 has been acknowledged, and/or is on the list to be fixed?

Method to reproduce:

Pair iphone to car via bluetooth and set as favorite/default
-disable btaudio in MFT bluetooth device options
Pair iPad to car
Connect to iPhone from bluetooth device menu
Connect to iPad from audio source menu

Verify both phone works for calling, and iPad works for audio

Turn off ignition, wait 10 minutes, turn on ignition
Phone will connect
Audio will attempt to connect to phone (which has btaudio disabled) and fail and revert back to AM radio

Expected result
Phone connects to phone
Audio reconnects to iPad (last used audio device)

This functions as expected in 3.7.11 (and I have reverted back to 3.7.11 due to this bug).

Rebecca, is there any word on if the problem with the car not connecting to the last bluetooth audio source when the car is started (always tries to connect to the default bluetooth source instead) in 3.8 has been acknowledged, and/or is on the list to be fixed?

Method to reproduce:

Pair iphone to car via bluetooth and set as favorite/default
-disable btaudio in MFT bluetooth device options
Pair iPad to car
Connect to iPhone from bluetooth device menu
Connect to iPad from audio source menu

Verify both phone works for calling, and iPad works for audio

Turn off ignition, wait 10 minutes, turn on ignition
Phone will connect
Audio will attempt to connect to phone (which has btaudio disabled) and fail and revert back to AM radio

Expected result
Phone connects to phone
Audio reconnects to iPad (last used audio device)

This functions as expected in 3.7.11 (and I have reverted back to 3.7.11 due to this bug).

If iOS 9.3 doesn't fix it(which I doubt), then it's a MFT issue. Next version of MFT? I ain't holding my breath for a next version. Your scenario is pretty specific so, IMHO, a fix is way low on the radar if at all. I'll have to test but it seems on a restart(I see you are not restarting) mine reverts to last non-Bluetooth source, doesn't attempt to re-connect to Bluetooth audio. Never goes to AM.

I tested this on mine.

If I'm driving and listening to iPhone BT audio (songs from iTunes library) and then I park and take iPhone inside house after shutdown.

An hour later get back in the Explorer, start vehicle, BT handshake connects between MFT and iPhone, displays iPhone on MFT GUI. Then the same BT Audio connection will auto connect and start playing where I left off when I shut down and went in the house.

Time delay between shutting down and coming back to the vehicle has no bearing, could be overnight, same sequence occurs.

I used to get that scenario where the MFT system would auto default to AM radio after disconnecting a BT source, but not lately

I tested this on mine.

If I'm driving and listening to iPhone BT audio (songs from iTunes library) and then I park and take iPhone inside house after shutdown.

An hour later get back in the Explorer, start vehicle, BT handshake connects between MFT and iPhone, displays iPhone on MFT GUI. Then the same BT Audio connection will auto connect and start playing where I left off when I shut down and went in the house.

Time delay between shutting down and coming back to the vehicle has no bearing, could be overnight, same sequence occurs.

I used to get that scenario where the MFT system would auto default to AM radio after disconnecting a BT source, but not lately

This isn't the same scenario, I'm using a different bt device for audio. My scenario is one device for phone and a different device for audio. In this case it will always try to connect to the same device for both.

If you have 2 iPhones handy, try connecting one as phone and the other as audio at the same time. Then shut the car off and then start it again, it will not connect to the two separate devices, it will connect both phone and audio to the same device

Quick question, I have a 2013 explorer XLT. I live in Arizona so I use the 'B" maps. More chance of me going to Mexico then Canada.

I have v3.48. Can I upgrade to v3.8?
I have a Samsung S7 edge, not a IPhone .

Quick question, I have a 2013 explorer XLT. I live in Arizona so I use the 'B" maps. More chance of me going to Mexico then Canada.

I don't recall there being any restrictions/conditions being placed on the MFT V3.8 upgrade.

Peter

3.48? Don't remember that one. 3.5.1 came out in fall of 2012. Your maps need to be at least A4 or B4, I believe.

Nav/MFT Update

Hello, I just bought a 2015 Explorer Limited, and registered with Ford online. The web page tells me there's an update available for My Ford Touch/navigation, and to download to a flash drive to do the update. Before I do this, has anyone had issues after an update?

The instructions seem pretty straightforward, but will take time. Please advise, and thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Updates are made to improve the system. Also Ford will not investigate any problems you have with the system unless it is running the latest version since that is one of the first things checked (version installed).

Do yourself a favor and update it.

Back