MFT Update | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT Update

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interesting... keep us posted :)

EDIT:

Did a quick search and found these threads in other forums:

Deleted Link

and

Deleted Link

Is this the big update, or just the TSB that has been referred to elsewhere on this forum? Any ideas anybody?

EDIT:

I deleted those threads, as the update is readily available from the Syncmyride.com website, and that is the only place that you should be getting it from :)

So I just checked out my SMR account and said that an update was available. Going to install it and let you all know how it goes...

EDIT:

Downloaded and installing... Started at 10:15am... Finished some time before 10:41 (cuz it was finished when I went back to check on it).

And look what it has for all of you big whiny babies ;)

DSC_0190.jpg

edited.jpg

I can't wait to turn it off! :D

Haven't run any testing of course, but a quick review doesn't seem to show any differences. I'll update when I get more time to play.

Version shows: Gen2 - V3.2.2

Update

I just downloaded the new update to a USB drive and attempted to install in the Explore, now my radio will not turn off,
Thanks

I just downloaded the new update to a USB drive and attempted to install in the Explore, now my radio will not turn off,
Thanks

Worked like a charm in ours. Did you get it from the SMR website?

Troubles Need Advice Please

Hi all trying to do the newest update, but seem to be having trouble getting the correct files onto the thumb drive, could someone please walk me through the correct method for doing this and installing it on the car.
Thanks in advance
David

Great news. I'm heading over to SMR to download. I will give an update later.

Hi all trying to do the newest update, but seem to be having trouble getting the correct files onto the thumb drive, could someone please walk me through the correct method for doing this and installing it on the car.
Thanks in advance
David

Hey David,

First off, make sure you are in Internet Explorer, because the SMR website uses Active-X controls to install the files on your USB and verify the install.
Swing on over to the Syncmyride.com website. Log on to your account.
When the "Manage SYNC" page comes up, click on "SYNC Updates"
The "Update SYNC Software" page opens
Somewhere on that page it should tell you that an update/upgrade is available, and a blue button should be there to upgrade.
Press the button and follow the instructions on screen.
After it loads, head out to the car. When I installed, I pulled anything plugged into the USB out and also removed the NAV SD card. Start the car and insert the USB.
Go the the Sync Services page on the MFT screen and select the Apps button.
Select the install Apps/updates button and follow any onscreen prompts. The update can take up to an hour, but mine took less that 25 minutes.
Be sure to leave your car running until the update finishes.
When all is said and done, pull the update USB out. Take that USB back to your computer, insert it, and click report a successful installation. It should have a little progress/activity bar on the screen and then you should eventually see a green "Successful" notification. You should be all set.

If you have any other questions, I'll keep an eye out :)

Hi Vince,

Did yours say installing file 2 of 1 for a while? The file was a zip file. I started my install now but I didn't unhook my iPod or remove the navigation memory card. Hopefully that doesn't mess up anything.

Edit: The update is working fine. Hopefully my Explorer doesn't run out of gas since I'm on empty...haha

Update: mine said the installation was canceled since the USB storage device was changed or moved. I have the update since the outside temperature is showing. Did anyone else's say that?

VenceL, I used the file from one of your post, and retried it it did the update smoothly had to relink my phone, but now it want download my phone book to the system I have a iPhone4s, which worked fine before the update, thanks
David

Add another 3.2.2 to the list of successful updates.

Everyone... FOLLOW THE @#$% INSTRUCTIONS! Download the file from your account at SyncMyRide.com!!!! Don't download it from any other site! Your account will be tracking your install and revision level. You must return to your account with the USB drive so it updates appropriately.

If you don't follow the instructions to the letter as specified by Ford, and brick your MFT/Sync system, you have no one to blame but yourself!

The whole procedure took about 20 minutes and was painless.

I followed the instructions, but I had the error message at the end. Regardless, the update did install fine.

osadzq.jpg

Sweet. Went through without issue... Only mine didnt start automatically... I had to go to the info page and to Apps, and install software.

Also I didnt have to repair my phone or radio presets... They were all still there!

-ern

Sweet. Went through without issue... Only mine didnt start automatically... I had to go to the info page and to Apps, and install software.

Also I didnt have to repair my phone or radio presets... They were all still there!

-ern

Same here
picture.php

picture.php

Strangely enough, I had to start mine manually also, but it seemed to go off without a hitch.

Just updated mine as well. Took about 20 minutes and I had to start it manually. Went smoothly, but mine also said "updating 2 of 1". Guess someone forgot to add the page info to the register header :)

Whew, I got mine installed and confirmed so all is good now ,
Thanks for those that replied.

Glad it worked for ya Texanz06 :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So now my next question is this:

Is this the 3rd quarter update we heard rumors about, and there will still be a big 4th quarter update, or is this the only update for the year?

Any ideas, anybody with any inside info?

Back