MFT Update | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT Update

Rebecca,

I tried what GWA1 suggested, been trying it, no change. I did do the reboot app and now Sports is doing the same thing. How much longer until Ford corrects this? We're paying for 3rd party services such as Sirius Travel Link that we're unable to use.

Should I master reset?

Should I re-install 3.02?

Thanks,

It took a little while for Travel Link to fully populate on mine, but it eventually all sync'd up. I believe this has more to do with Sirius than MFT, since this would happen to me prior to the 3.2.2 update. Personally, I'd just exercise a little patience and wait for either your data link to complete or for Ford to publish the update again. A master reset will cause your system to resync with Travel Link, starting the process all over again. Just follow the instructions from IVT.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rebecca,

I tried what GWA1 suggested, been trying it, no change. I did do the reboot app and now Sports is doing the same thing. How much longer until Ford corrects this? We're paying for 3rd party services such as Sirius Travel Link that we're unable to use.

Should I master reset?

Should I re-install 3.02?

Thanks,

Please try a Master Reset first:

MENU > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET

If that doesn't work, going to your dealer to have 3.2.2 re-installed would be your best bet. Keep us posted!

Rebecca

Update!

Version 3.2.2 has been added back to SYNCMyRide.com. Those of you that want it may now download it. Those of you that already have it should not encounter any issues, but if you do, please let me know. :)

Have a great day!

Rebecca

I currently have version 3.0.2 in my 2012 Explorer with MFT and Nav. When I go to Syncmyride.com, it says I need to go to the dealer for the 3.2.2 update. Is that correct? Have they updated the Nav Sd card too? Is that why I need to go to the dealer? Thanks

I currently have version 3.0.2 in my 2012 Explorer with MFT and Nav. When I go to Syncmyride.com, it says I need to go to the dealer for the 3.2.2 update. Is that correct? Have they updated the Nav Sd card too? Is that why I need to go to the dealer? Thanks

Please send me your VIN, TRK1.

Rebecca

Hey Rebecca I installed the new update as of a week ago and my phone won't connect to sync now. I tried reconnecting it deleting the saved one and trying to do it again nothing seems to be working. Have any suggestions on what I should do? It's driving me nuts!
Thanks! - Justin

What does the 3.2.2 update contain (additions and fixes)?

When I updated the first weekend, it did not list what they were.
BTW - the update works for me in every way.

VIN number sent. Thanks Rebecca!

I am having the same problem. I just sent you my VIN.

Same here
I sent VIN as well
Thanks!

I have your VINs and will update you via PM once I get more info. :)

Hey Rebecca I installed the new update as of a week ago and my phone won't connect to sync now. I tried reconnecting it deleting the saved one and trying to do it again nothing seems to be working. Have any suggestions on what I should do? It's driving me nuts!
Thanks! - Justin

Hi, Justin!

Have you tried a Master Reset on MFT and a reboot of your phone? That usually clears up pairing issues.

What does the 3.2.2 update contain (additions and fixes)?

When I updated the first weekend, it did not list what they were.
BTW - the update works for me in every way.

I'm glad it's working in every way for you, willwitten! :)

This update includes the outside air temp, and a few "behind the scenes" software updates.

Rebecca

This update includes the outside air temp, and a few "behind the scenes" software updates.

Can we get a changelog for the update showing which bugs were addressed (if any) ?

Hey Rebecca just did a master reset it did nothing. Actually everything remained the same! :(

EDIT: Rebecca just thought I’ll let you know that it ended up working after I restarted my car after work. Thanks for the suggestion!

My update worked. Took 50 minutes to complete. Btw, that Ford screen is BRIGHT at night!!!

My update worked. Took 50 minutes to complete. Btw, that Ford screen is BRIGHT at night!!!

We keep ours cranked down as low as it will go and it is fine for us. But yeah, it can get really bright!

I have your VINs and will update you via PM once I get more info. :)

Hi, Justin!

Have you tried a Master Reset on MFT and a reboot of your phone? That usually clears up pairing issues.

I'm glad it's working in every way for you, willwitten! :)

Rebecca

Thank you Rebecca!
download and install complete!:D

EDIT: Rebecca just thought I’ll let you know that it ended up working after I restarted my car after work. Thanks for the suggestion!

:thumbsup: Awesome!

Try playing with your display settings to suit your needs. To get to those options, do the following:

MENU > DISPLAY

We keep ours cranked down as low as it will go and it is fine for us. But yeah, it can get really bright!

Here's what popped into my head while reading your post: I wear my sunglasses at night. :cool:

Thank you Rebecca!
download and install complete!:D

:D Welcome!

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca, I keep it as low as it will go but with no city lights I wish it would go lower. I actually created a black screen to use for long trips at night. ;)

Edited to add - The new update seems to have solved one of my top nitpicks, the climate settings not matching between the soft controls and the actual climate screen.

Thanks Rebecca, I keep it as low as it will go but with no city lights I wish it would go lower. I actually created a black screen to use for long trips at night. ;)

Edited to add - The new update seems to have solved one of my top nitpicks, the climate settings not matching between the soft controls and the actual climate screen.

The lowest I found was making sure the offset was set at its dimmest also. Sometimes it'll get a little darker if you go into the display settings and manually hit 'Night' ours will get a bit darker, then you can hit 'Auto' and the dimmer setting will stay. Sometimes, the auto setting will work like it should. I think it is a bug.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The lowest I found was making sure the offset was set at its dimmest also. Sometimes it'll get a little darker if you go into the display settings and manually hit 'Night' ours will get a bit darker, then you can hit 'Auto' and the dimmer setting will stay. Sometimes, the auto setting will work like it should. I think it is a bug.

So there are actually two controls for MFT display brightness. I haven't quite figured out the interactions between the two yet. There is the brightness "offset" in the MFT menus and also the physical button for controlling the brightness level for the interior lighting and the dash. The physical button actually dims the MFT display as well.

Try dimming that.

Back