• Register Today It's free!

MFT - Upgrade or not?

dencan

Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Limited
I got my first oil change yesterday and when I left the dealership the screen was frozen. I shut off the car and the problem was still there. When I drove back to the dealership they said it needed to be reprogrammed but I would have to bring it back during the week. For some reason it recovered and is functioning properly now. Should I go forward with the reprogram? I have never had problems before, but I am wondering if it was a fluke or if it is bound to happen again. The only good news is that they will fix my squeaky brakes while it is in there. When I questioned the brakes the during the oil change they said it just happens sometimes and were kind of like "tough luck" - not the right answer for a $40k+ truck with 4k miles. But now that I have to bring it in anyway they said they would replace my brake pads to cure the squeak. Little but annoying, but at least the job will be done. So should I upgrade from v8 to v11?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We had ours done on Saturday because we were going to be driving our Fiesta all weekend anyway. I have to say it is much quicker to respond to touch and voice commands. it is also quicker connecting to my iPhone and keeping the connection. The map animation on the Nav is smoother as well and it loads up quicker.

Overall it was worth it with no downsides. Even if you don't have major issues, as I haven't, it improves your appreciation for the vehicle and the system and feels closer to what I expect from an onboard system.

I would say yes! I did it and found it to be somewhat quicker and so far very stable!

I upgraded from 2.8 to 2.11 last week. While far from perfect, it is a slight improvement.

Back