MFT v3.6.2 is now available | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

Yup, I've downloaded a few different updates. I followed the link that the Ford site gave me which gave me version 7u25.

Through research about java errors, I found a link for another version from Apple which was labeled as "JAVAforOSx2013-004".

That seemed to solve some java errors for people online but didn't help me. Rebecca said she would mail me a flash drive with it on it but still would like this resolved for future updates.

I downloaded Chrome per Rebecca's suggestion but that gave me a message with a conflicting 32bit java and 64bit chrome not working (or it was the other way around) and recommended I download firefox. I don't want to keep downloading crap just to have it not work.

What is your OS version?

What is your JAVA version?

I'm on 10.8.4 and my java is 1.6.0_51
I guess if all else fails, you can go to the dealer and them use up some of your gas.
I still don't even have the update showing for download on my account.
Good luck my friend.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I guess if all else fails, you can go to the dealer and them use up some of your gas.
I still don't even have the update showing for download on my account.
Good luck my friend.

Peter

LOL, not going to waste my time going to the dealer just for that... it isn't that important to me.

13Sport - I ended up downloading Firefox which has JAVA built in and got it to work. The pop up started which I granted access to and I'm now downloading the file so all should be good.

I appreciate you trying to help figure this out.

Yup, I've downloaded a few different updates. I followed the link that the Ford site gave me which gave me version 7u25.

Through research about java errors, I found a link for another version from Apple which was labeled as "JAVAforOSx2013-004".

That seemed to solve some java errors for people online but didn't help me. Rebecca said she would mail me a flash drive with it on it but still would like this resolved for future updates.

I downloaded Chrome per Rebecca's suggestion but that gave me a message with a conflicting 32bit java and 64bit chrome not working (or it was the other way around) and recommended I download firefox. I don't want to keep downloading crap just to have it not work.

What is your OS version?

What is your JAVA version?

I'm on 10.8.4 and my java is 1.6.0_51

that is a seriously old version of Java... on the mac the latest version is Version 7 Update 25 ... The 1.6 version is 32 bit, your OSX 10.8.4 is a 64 bit operating system, that would explain your conflict.

You get the latest version from here
http://java.com/en/download/mac_download.jsp

that is a seriously old version of Java... on the mac the latest version is Version 7 Update 25 ... The 1.6 version is 32 bit, your OSX 10.8.4 is a 64 bit operating system, that would explain your conflict.

You get the latest version from here
http://java.com/en/download/mac_download.jsp

That's wierd because the file I have on here is in fact what you said, 7u25.. I'll have to try reinstalling it again through your link.

I have the file updating now on the Ex.. took about 7 minute to download to the flash drive.

Mine did something like that but it says "waiting for the USB storage device" and the says something like "USB device dont detected" and I have the microSD plugged in all the time, so I dont get it.

It's ready!! it worked!!! thanks man!!!

someone could help me, more than an hour with the black screen during the upgrade, no radio, no camera, nothing, no power usb inputs, turn the engine off, screen is dead

Installed tonight on my 2013 XLT, took about 38 minutes. I rebooted with the reboot utility before I upgraded. I've done this with each upgrade and I've always had good results.

So far so good. Seems much faster and responsive.

someone could help me, more than an hour with the black screen during the upgrade, no radio, no camera, nothing, no power usb inputs, turn the engine off, screen is dead
Did you download it from the website? I still don't have the download available there.

Peter

No Peter, I took the link in the forum, maybe bad idea, I despair

New mft upgrade

Just did the new upgrade 3.6.2, notice that the time and temperature can be side by side also the reverse camera grid line setting is a bit different, the speed af the nav is a bit faster but other that not much of a change, siruis icon also i bit changed.

DA5T-14D544-BD
The latest SYNC® update includes all of the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits, such as:
Information display on the homescreen for HD, Sirius (if equipped), and FM radio sources
Simplified graphics and improved usability
Enhanced voice destination entry for SD Card Navigation (if equipped)
Improved Navigation vehicle positioning (if equipped)
Rear view camera guidelines set to ON by default (if equipped)
Updated SYNC/device compatibility information
The installation of this update will take up to 30 minutes to complete. Be sure to keep your engine running, not in accessory mode, throughout the entire installation process. Turning off your vehicle during the update installation will disrupt the process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you begin the installation process, you may drive your vehicle while the update is downloading to your SYNC system. If your vehicle is equipped with the Intelligent Access with Push Button Start feature, you will need to temporarily disable the Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown (AEIS) component before beginning the installation in order to prevent your vehicle from timing out and shutting off the engine before the software update is complete. To disable this feature, use your steering wheel controls to navigate to the Settings menu on your left-hand Instrument Cluster LCD display. From there, select Vehicle >Auto Engine Off >Off. (If you do not see this setting, there is no need to make any changes before starting the update.) Alternatively, after initiating the installation, you may drive the vehicle during the update process to avoid the engine shutting off. The AEIS will automatically reset to "On" the next time you start your vehicle.
Please note: During the update installation, SYNC will temporarily appear to not recognize your mobile phone or media device. This is normal.
When your system has been successfully updated, SYNC will display a notification saying, "Installation complete."

Should be MFT forum, not this one. This has already been discussed.

Just did the new upgrade 3.6.2, notice that the time and temperature can be side by side also the reverse camera grid line setting is a bit different, the speed af the nav is a bit faster but other that not much of a change, siruis icon also i bit changed.
Not sure what you mean by time and temp side by side. That is where mine are now and I'm still on 3.5.1.

Peter

Moving this thread and merging it with the one in the IVT forum re MFT v3.6.2 is now available.

Wow. I just completed it. Very impressed. My system was working great on the old version. Now it's super fast. Very pleased!!!!! Especially with the voice command speed. SWEET!!!!!

Wow. I just completed it. Very impressed. My system was working great on the old version. Now it's super fast. Very pleased!!!!! Especially with the voice command speed. SWEET!!!!!
Must be nice! I still don't have the update version showing for download on my account. Hopefully it will be there before the next update comes along.:D

Peter

Strange that its not available for you. Hope it shows up soon!

I still have the black screen, maybe died APIM, tomorrow I'll go to the dealer, like Peter does not get the update to Syncmyride

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So, after a week, my MFT has been rock solid. no mystery reboots, no lagging, I get texts, I was able to send texts (only when stopped using a Galaxy S4 Active Phone).
Can you send texts with voice commands?

OK Ford, now add Applink and I'll be really happy

Back