Moab 2013 - May 10-12 | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2013 - May 10-12

Which weekend is best? (May 10-12 is best for me)

• Weekend of May 10-12

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Weekend of May 17-20

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
We just bought light weight dessert clothing for this trip!!! . :banghead:

Hey, easy on the whipped cream, this is a family site. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Changed the fuel pump in the Pumpkin today. Looked at the receipt in the box... I bought the pump in 2005:eek: Do fuel pumps mellow with age like a fine wine??:dunno:

New rims on. No more rubbing my new JD long arms :thumbsup::)

I forgot how tight these things can turn!!!!

16 days to departure!!!!!!

Ok...........So its looking like we should be able to make it but it will have to be cut a bit shorter probably just friday-sunday.......so one question i have now is what are plans for friday? It is only like a 4 hour drive for me to get there but i would have to get settled into the cabin.....i dont want to get up at 4 to be there and still miss out on all the trail runs friday. If anyone is planning a friday afternoon/evening run that would be great.....i am not sure if i will even be able to check into the cabin area around 8 ill find out tomorrow. so what time does everyone usually meet in the mornings for runs?

They have trailer and tow rig parking away from the cabin if there isn't enough room there.

I heard Fins & Things being thrown around as a potential friday afternoon/evening trail. I'd definately enjoy that!

In 14 days at this time I will be enjoying my first beer poured directly from the tap at The Moab Brewery :chug:

Ok so I have now got a rear locker! And am really excited for moab even though itll only be 2 days. So locked in the rear and 35s im still considered a pack dog until locked on both axles right.

Rock Sliders, T-case, LCA, trailing arm & Front skids are all installed. Still waiting on the trans skid, and the shock skids tho. Wish they would get here already!

Debating on a new set of Goodyear MTR W/Kevlar for the FJ. Anybody have any feedback on them? Such as road noise? I really don't care about that, but my gal might. :rolleyes:

2 more weeks! Woot!

Rock Sliders, T-case, LCA, trailing arm & Front skids are all installed. Still waiting on the trans skid, and the shock skids tho. Wish they would get here already!

Debating on a new set of Goodyear MTR W/Kevlar for the FJ. Anybody have any feedback on them? Such as road noise? I really don't care about that, but my gal might. :rolleyes:

2 more weeks! Woot!

I see alot of people running MTRs down in Moab

It's up in the air, but it looks like Shade may not be going after I already put the lift one and got the truck ready. I blew a torque convertor on my weekend trip to Oklahoma City, so unless that is all that is wrong with the truck, I may just be riding shotgun the trip

I thought Kris was handling that for you this afternoon?

In 14 days at this time I will be enjoying my first beer poured directly from the tap at The Moab Brewery :chug:

"Like"

I thought Kris was handling that for you this afternoon?

Well, if the new TC and TCC solenoid do not fix the problem, then I will be minus my truck for moab. If it does fix the problem, then I will be taking shade after a rigerous shake down period

Well, the navajo has had some work done to it...I took off the 35" tires. Thats all ive done lol. Been to busy working on other stuff!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I heard the weather forecast for May is supposed to be above avg for Moab. If avg is 85* it's going to be a warm one at least. :)

Been watching Utah weather for a few weeks, seems cooler than normal for April, but looking out 10 days shows Moab in the low 70's - - and I can live with that ! ! Over in the St. George / Zion part of the state the outlook for the next ten days is mid-80's and all sun.

Things done to get the "B3" Ready for Moab 2013
1. New front & rear brakes, fluid too (many thanks to Kevin [Diff Whack Daddy] and Phil [Albino94LTD]),
2. Added the overload spring back to the leaf-pack (thanks Phil [Albino94LTD]), so I can better haul. . .
3. My adventure trailer for this Utah trip (built in March-April),
4. Wired in a new set of fog lights, replacing the venerable (but seldom functioning) Hella 500s that were mounted for about ten years,
5. Procured a "over the spare tire" bike rack to haul the mountain bike,
6. Changed the oil and filter,
7. Changed the spark plugs,
8. Flushed and replaced fluid in the radiator,
9. Cleaned and re-oiled the K&N air filter
10. Flushed and replaced oil in the transmission,
11. Bought an ARB fridge, and,
12. Added a bunch of spares (hoses, plugs, U-Joints, etc.) to the tool box.

Whew ! ! ! Now, since I've executed all this prep work, I should expect full catastrophic failure during the trip. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

Departing for Utah in about 60 hours. . .

Back