Discussion in 'Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion' started by MrQ, January 4, 2016.
Anybody got the the dates on this? I need to put in the vacation time for it early.
Join the Elite Explorers for $20 for 2 years!
Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose
fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own.
Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery,
create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.
Log in or Sign up to hide adverts.
May - 20 - 22 - 2016 Moab, UT
Where did I miss that? :scratch:
Anyway, I put in for the time off.
Moab 2016 Roll Call
Realize this is a dormant thread, but thought I'd use it to list the current attendees for Moab 2016, as the other thread includes other 2016 events and runs throughout the U.S. Besides, I'm traveling for work this weekend and am bored...
So, here's the list of people that that have planned to attend Moab 2016 as culled from the "20th Anniversary" thread. I used a (?) for individuals with a "maybe" or "possible" attendance. . .
Moab 2016 - May 20-22
1. Rick & Char / 19-22 May / Canyonlands /BI: 2
2. DiffWhackDaddy (Kevin) / 15 - 23 May / Canyonlands /BI: 1
3. JRGaylor (Joe) / 16 - 23 May / Canyonlands /BI: 1
4. Albino 94 LTD (Phil) / 15 - 23 May / Canyonlands /BI: 1
5. JohnKe (John) / 16 - 23 May / Canyonlands /BI: 3
6. Project Aviator (Tim)
7. Gmanpaint (Greg) / 18-23 May / Canyonlands /BI: 2
8. Suicide77 (Anthony) / 14 - 22 May / Canyonlands /BI: 1
9. Nice59Ford100 (Russell) / 19 - 23 May / KOA /BI: 1
10. KrisGuilbeaux (Kris) / 19 - 23 May / KOA /BI: 2
11. EasyMC (Robert) / 14 - ? May / Canyonlands /BI: 1
12. Birdy / 14 - 22 May / Canyonlands /BI: 4
13. 5SpdMan (Caleb) / / /BI: 2
14. Glasken / Blitz / /BI: 5
15. RockRanger (Matt) / 18-22 May / Moab Rim Campground / BI: 2
16. Stic-O (Steve) / 19 - 23 May / Canyonlands / BI: 1
17. Brian1 / / / BI: 2
18. Hards01FX4spt (Howard) / 15 - 23 May / Canyonlands / BI: 1
19. F'in PNW Jeep Guy (Dwight)/ 15 - 23 May / Canyonlands / BI: 1
20. Birdy Buddy (Grant) / 14 - 22 May / Canyonlands
21. Mrboyle (Mike) / 21 - 22 May / / BI: 1
22. LS Brown (Leroy) / 20-23 May / / BI: 2
23. Kurupt / 18-22 May / Slickrock / BI: 2
24. Paul / 19 - 23 May / Canyonlands / BI: 2
Branding Iron Head Count: 40 (as of 5/7)
Moab Swap Meet
Contact Seller directly to confirm price and availability!! Most items likely not brought to Moab unless requested by potential buyers!!
1) 4.88 gears
2) 8.8 axle
3) Dana 30 reverse high pinion
1) Electric 1354 for free,
2) Saginaw P pump for a 4.0 for $60.00,
3) NIB Milemarker hubs for D44 $60
4) Warn 8K winches that vary in price from $150 to $450
a) Cheapest one is a old upright power in only 8K winch
b) Older regular m8000
c) Couple year old M8000
d) Couple year old VR8000
1) Set of 5 Toyo MT 33x12.50 - 15 tires mounted on Ultra "164" aluminum rims. Tires are circa 2008, some chunking, but 50% tread left, no dry rot. Rims are 15x8 5x4.5 with 4.25" backspacing. Rims also circa 2008, have a few rock blemishes, but overall very good condition; $375.00 for all five.
2) Low automotive storage box "modded" to fit rear cargo area of 1st Gen Explorer (fitted to Sport, but should fit 4 doors as well - may require additional trimming for later models), tan in color; Free (well, $10.00 to Kevin for hauling it to Moab...)
1) 3rd/4th gen cargo liner Tan
2) Tan retractable cover, should fit 2nd-4th gen.
3) T-case skid plate factory
4) Custom split folding rear seats. Center removed for bucket style.
5) 2 gen chrome grill.
6) Sport fender flares.
1) Chrome 1st Gen stock rear bumper
2) Stock Radius Arms
3) Stock Radius Arm x-member
4) Stock trans x-member
5) D35 TTB 3.73 gears and spiders
6) 1st gen Driver side inner plastic fender
7) 2nd row brown/tan vinyl seats 1st gen
• Custom Parts
1) U-bolt and raised shock skidplates
2) TTB front diff skidplate
3) 1 set ~1.5" lift shackles
4) rear shock bar pin eliminator brackets
5) HD Motor Mounts for 4.0L OHV
6) HD Trans Mount
7) Extended Radius Arm Brackets for TTB (axle side only)
8) Plates to box in the passenger side TTB Beam (maybe)
9) Shackle/Clevis/D-ring polyurethane isolators (helps keep the rattles down)
10) 1 or 2 sets of TTB C-clip eliminators
1) Set of Limited purple 1st gen (94) running boards in great shape. $100
2) 2nd gen 4 dr powder coated wrinkle black after market nerf bars W/step pads. Never been used, have all brackets. $150
3) 4-AR 15"x10", 4.5 lug pattern, 3.75" BS alum wheels, powder coated silver vein and clear coated. Clear is coming off a little around the lug holes on one, but otherwise, great shape. $200
------------ Moab Attendees "On the Fence" ----------------------------
Sirkh 100 (?)
Mr. Cribb (?)
DJ Raizer (?)
Most are booked at Canyonlands Campground, with a few at KOA.
Anyone else? Just add onto this thread.... I'll add (or delete) as appropriate.
Less than 10 days until Moab!!!!!!
Looks good to me Paul! Come hell or high water it is going to be a great event!
I am currently a maybe. I have a few things to work out with work determining if I will make it.
What date is everyone planning on arriving/departing? I am thinking of arriving Wednesday evening the 18th. Then head home Monday morning the 23rd. Anyone else going to be there?
Lots of the PNW Crew will be there by the 15th, and I know a few others from their posts on the "20th Anniversary Thread" had mentioned being in Moab early.
Should be no shortage of RBVs available for runs by the 18th. . .
Stealing this from the other thread. . .
"This could be yours! ! ! "
I'm actually going in about 2 weeks. Gonna go hang out with a bunch of old full sized Jeep iron.
You forgot Hards01FX4spt (Howard) from Tacoma at Canyonlands
Arriving Thursday and leaving on Sunday, or Monday.
Oh and Dwight from Bonney Lake is coming down with us too. Not sure if he got a spot at Canyonlands or not
We will be arriving the 14th and leaving the 22nd. And my friend and boss, Grant, and his wife still say they are coming also.
[MENTION=763]Paul[/MENTION] I am at Canyonlands BTW.
Never too early to start talking about which trails to run, so I'll throw out a few that I'd be willing to lead over the weekend. I'm kinda of re-acquainting my wife to four wheeling, so the runs I plan on running are more or less in the "moderate" range. . .
Poison Spider Mesa (out and back, not with Gold Bar and Spike)
Fins and Things (Fee Area) Think this would a great Night Run for Friday
Top of the World
Any of the "Green" Trails (Chicken Corners, Hey Joe Canyon, etc.)
I wimped out of Hell's Gate in 2010 so I need redemption.
We got washed out of Kane Creek Canyon so more redemption there.
Gotta start reading trail descriptions.
Not sure about Pritchett Canyon :roll:
I will be arriving on Tuesday or sooner and I am game for the moderate+ trails
For decent trail descriptions:
(Scroll down to the Utah section)
Always the master of understatement. . .
I'll be there 14-22 and would love to give Poison Spider a go along with Hells Gate! Kane Creek was awesome last year, definitely a must for anyone willing to drag a truck up it!
I am planning on being there for Fri. and Sat. I'll be in the Bronco and hanging out with the stockers.
I am looking at:
Behind the Rocks
Fins and things Night run.
It will be good to see you again Mike.
I'm in for Behind the Rocks and Prichet. Anybody up for Rusty Nail?
Those sound like good choices to me, sign me up