Moab 2016 | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2016

I'm sorry to hear you won't be able to join us. I completely understand how life can get in the way of the things we like to do. I've had to cancel some of my own plans this year.

I hope all is well with you and your family. That's what's important.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, got her running and started blowing smoke out one of the tail pipes!!! Think it is an bad intake manifold gasket/seal. I don't know if Mad Max will make it or not now, but I'm going to work like hell on it for the next couple days and see what happens! Worse case scenario I still have enough spare dough to get the Explorer towed back to Salt Lake if I blow the motor or transmission :dunno:

007_zps4etai4sd.jpg

I have confidence in you, it's going to be good after this!

Do you have a pressure tester for the cooling system? I would put about 18 pounds on it when it's back together, that'd show any leaks for better peace of mind.

With a saddened heart i have to announce my inability to make it to Moab this year. I have had several things over the last few months that have rendered it pretty much impossible for me to make it. Please everyone have fun, be safe, and celebrate the hell out of this 20 year anniversary. Take tons of pictures for me to drool and cry over. I hope like hell i can make it to the next one.

Sorry to hear that, but be positive and I'm sure it'll be a different story on the next go around. Grant is also having some difficulty that's threatening his trip, the only one working his office had a surgery and isn't back from it yet, hopefully it just means he'll be a couple days later than us, fingers crossed.

I didn't get everything done I wanted to and have a few things I should do when I get into Moab, But tomorrow is loading up day as I have some classes I am taking Friday, Saturday and Sunday and departing Sunday afternoon for Utah.

Update on our end - got the transmission shifting issue figured out (bad 2-3 accumulator above the valve body) and got it all back together and this morning drove it to work to get inspection, alignment, and some tires swapped around.

Update on our end - got the transmission shifting issue figured out (bad 2-3 accumulator above the valve body) and got it all back together and this morning drove it to work to get inspection, alignment, and some tires swapped around.

Nice! :chug:

Getting ready to pull out, will take my time. See everyone in Moab. Birdy- will check with you tomorrow afternoon.

Wife, dog and I will be getting into Moab hopefully around our check-in time at Slickrock (noon) and would probably be up for a run in the afternoon on Thursday, the 19th. Looking through the trail book, I'm liking Strike Ravine....anybody else be up for it around then?

Ok, maybe just the wife and I....doing some reading, pets aren't allowed in the National parks (not even in your vehicle), they have to have a concoction of vaccines and the papers (which we don't have) to prove it and prices I'd rather not pay to put him in a kennel for a day....we were looking forward to having Jack with us on the trip.... :/

Ok, maybe just the wife and I....doing some reading, pets aren't allowed in the National parks (not even in your vehicle), they have to have a concoction of vaccines and the papers (which we don't have) to prove it and prices I'd rather not pay to put him in a kennel for a day....we were looking forward to having Jack with us on the trip.... :/

Never had a problem. We had our Yellow Lab in Yosimite and Death Valley National Park. No issues, but I have a funny story about that I'll tell you later. Regardless my Yellow Lab is coming with me. ;)

Looking forward to seeing you all at moab even though i will not be in my ex, i will be coming with Gman, aka Greg

Rock on guys! Sounds like you're in the home stretch!!!

easymc Getting ready to pull out, will take my time. See everyone in Moab. Birdy- will check with you tomorrow afternoon.

Hope it's a safe trip with no problems! Lookin forward to seeing yall!!!

Almost ready to go. Lists upon lists competed for the trail and tow rig. One more short day of work, a final stop by Wal-Mart to pick up a few things and the on to the first 71 mile leg of my journey. There I will meet up with the drafter, aka, Phil, and lighten his load. The next morning we will continue on picking up Dwight shortly after leaving his place for a nice 700 mile plus day. We have a goal, but have decided if we don't make it, we'll be okay to still be in Moab Sunday afternoon to evening.

Almost ready to go. Lists upon lists competed for the trail and tow rig. One more short day of work, a final stop by Wal-Mart to pick up a few things and the on to the first 71 mile leg of my journey. There I will meet up with the drafter, aka, Phil, and lighten his load. The next morning we will continue on picking up Dwight shortly after leaving his place for a nice 700 mile plus day. We have a goal, but have decided if we don't make it, we'll be okay to still be in Moab Sunday afternoon to evening.

Might be cruising in around that time as well, are you guys going through Salt Lake City?

Getting ready to pull out, will take my time. See everyone in Moab. Birdy- will check with you tomorrow afternoon.

Drive safe Robert, let us know how the drive is!

Small items to work on still today & tomorrow. Found out the hvac system is not working, spare drivelines need new joints, new cams & monitor installed, and the wireless winch controller installed.
Going to have to take it slow on the hwy to any trailheads. Have only 20 miles on the new gears so far. Might change fluids after a couple days out there. :scratch:

Heading out for a 11-12 hr 1st leg on Monday morning. That should put us there on Tuesday evening. Had to get a hotel room for Tuesday night. Check in for canyonlands isn't until 12:30 Wednesday. Doesn't look like we will be able to hit any trails until late wednesday afternoon, after we set camp.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back