Moab 2016 | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2016

Ok camp is set, now just kick back and wait.
SAM_0012.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ugh:banghead: Picked up the trailer, but there is a short in the running lights. Keeps blowing the truck fuse. Faster to just rewire the whole thing then play find the short.

Ugh... PITA.

Ok camp is set, now just kick back and wait.

I sure wish we could join you early. Have a great time and stay safe:thumbsup:

I sure wish we could join you early. Have a great time and stay safe:thumbsup:

We will Rick.
Adam(Birdy) and Cassie got here around 4. We went out to the Blu Pig for a bite.Now back at camp sitting by the fire. We are going to take it easy tomorrow, make do an easy trail. May wait till the ones coming in tomorrow gets here then see what happens. All of you have a safe trip and we will see you when you get here.

We made it to the Wal-Mart parking lot in Nutley Idaho. 625 miles today, 415 tomorrow. We would have made it further, but we had to stop at Lea Schwab twice. Once to get a tire to fix the flat from yesterday and then another 200 miles down the road Phil noticed the trailer vibrating. Turned out to be a separating belt making the tire oval instead of round. This happened to one of the other tires about 6 months ago. I didn't want to stop at another Lea Schwab, so I had them replace the last two of that crap brand tire.

See yall tomorrow! Unfortunately Mad Max won't make it, going to just have to drive the Bull Horns on down un-trailered.

We made it to the Wal-Mart parking lot in Nutley Idaho. 625 miles today, 415 tomorrow. We would have made it further, but we had to stop at Lea Schwab twice. Once to get a tire to fix the flat from yesterday and then another 200 miles down the road Phil noticed the trailer vibrating. Turned out to be a separating belt making the tire oval instead of round. This happened to one of the other tires about 6 months ago. I didn't want to stop at another Lea Schwab, so I had them replace the last two of that crap brand tire.

Nice 4 new tires

Anyone know who the cheapest hourly rate shop is in town?? I really don't want to have to pull this 650lb tranny out in the dirt. Throw out bearing started coming apart as we were coming into town.

Anyone know who the cheapest hourly rate shop is in town?? I really don't want to have to pull this 650lb tranny out in the dirt. Throw out bearing started coming apart as we were coming into town.

Do you need me to bring my transmission jack?

Do you need me to bring my transmission jack?

Not sure if I want to waste a day doing it or not. I know the flywheel needs turned too it's been chattering when hot since the day I bought it. I'm thinking if a shop would do 3 or 4 hours labor on it, I would just let them. Do you know book time on a 6 speed deisel 2 wheel drive 01 ram?

Yesterday my daughter and I went and did a shakedown run. The local club that does most of the trail maintance had there annual fundraiser poker run. Moab bound tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• 20160514_113105.jpg
    20160514_113105.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 196

Anyone bringing an angle grinder??

And when you gettin here?

Not sure if I want to waste a day doing it or not. I know the flywheel needs turned too it's been chattering when hot since the day I bought it. I'm thinking if a shop would do 3 or 4 hours labor on it, I would just let them. Do you know book time on a 6 speed deisel 2 wheel drive 01 ram?

I will be arriving tomorrow afternoon, let me know if you needed to bring the jack, I will be leaving here in about 5 hours

I will be arriving tomorrow afternoon, let me know if you needed to bring the jack, I will be leaving here in about 5 hours

Ok, I will let you know in a little, thanks!

Any one know where the ecm coolant temp sensor is on a 7.3 powerstroke?

Currently we are in Price grabbing a bite to eat. Should be at camp by 4 or sooner :D

All loaded up:D

Attachments

• 20160515_130325.jpg
    20160515_130325.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 186

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The load on the trailer looks to be a bit to far forward. Might want to move it back.

Back