MOAB EXPLORER EXTRAVAGANZA 2001 | Page 23 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MOAB EXPLORER EXTRAVAGANZA 2001

I'll have my chair medium-rare...

Looks like we're talkin' 50 vehicles and over 100 chairs so even the most gracious host will have to make special considerations as to the feasibility of a group gathering at thier campground site. I'm guessing that of all the campgrounds attendees are staying at, at least one of them will have some kind of "pow wow" area. Anyone know of a place like this ahead of time or will we have to wait and see which campground or ??? is best suited for this kind of get together?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cook-out

Wow I didn't realize we had so many people. Thanks to Wabbit for pointing that out. It sounds like we'll need to consider logistics along with food. Does anyone know if there is a large area at a KOA or similar where we could all hang out and eat? I've never been to Moab so I don't know quite what to expect. I'm willing to co-ordinate who is bringing what to share/grill if we know for sure we can actually make this happen. It was a lot of fun last time and I think it could be this time as well with some planing. Any thoughts?

I'd echo what others have said about girlfriends/wives coming along-you should try at least one trail. As I've said before no one does any thing crazy or dangerous and it would be a shame to miss out on the scenery.

Hey does anyone know if we'll have any puddles or stream crossings? I just love those! :bounce:

Jen

Re: Abducted by aliens...

Originally posted by ExplorAuthorityGal
what about T-shirts for Moab? Any thoughts?

Jen

Jen,
There is a really good T-shirt shop in Moab that has prints of all the trails there. Sandy and I got T-shirts of Top of the World and Steelbender. They even customized it for us by putting Explorer instead of J**p on it. I believe it is called the T-shirt shop. I think all the the people who went last year bought from there.

It's Official!

I just received the 50th registration (and also the 51st at the same time so I'll list them both) and will update the Itinerary thread tomorrow!

This is gonna be one HUGE lotta fun!

I'd say (yell) that again,,,,,,

How does it work with classes now? Can we change classes before the run? I'm updating my rig to 4:10 with lockers and 33's. Would that put me in with the Big Dawgs??

Later,

You or anyone else that has changed their rigs and wants to update the Itinerary info just email me and I'll be happy to put you where you want to run. Lockers front and rear w/33's and lift is a BigDawg. Let me know if you want to try 4+ runs.

we'll reconsider while at Moab. For now I''ll stay where I'm at. For now all I want to do is install the new gears and put lockers in with the 33's coming next week while still running my 2" Skyjacker and 1'5 custom body lifts. That's for now. Later the end of the season. If I do it all now, there is no fun left whatsoever.

Later,

OK you guys from the midwest that are going to Moab.......... let's pick a place where we're gonna crash for the night on the way there..... we were talking about a place somewhere on the border of Nebraska and Colorado??? any ideas or do I get to pick the place??? Tom, are you staying in Chicago the first night and then going with us???

help,

Hey, just wanted to officially post that I'm going. I emailed Gerald with all my info. I'll be staying at the KOA and probably getting there on the 17th. I need some people to drive up with from Texas, so lets get together a caravan. I figure we can stay in Amarillo then Denver, or drive straight through to Denver. Can't we hook up with some of the CO people then and drive up together to Moab? How does this sound?

and we were also thinking about hooking up with CO people, that would be neat to have so many X's on the road to Moab, oh man!

Sometime on Friday around noon over south of Denver perhaps????

anybody?

Gerald.....I just went ahead and got a site. As long as I can get off work here will be the info.

I'll be getting there LATE(10pm) Friday night, early(4am) Saturday. Make the stock runs on Saturday-Sunday and leave Monday morning for White Rim with Peter. I'll be at the Canyonlands with everybody else.

Photographers...

Just a heads up. I plan to bring a digital camera that takes pretty good pictures. If anyone is bringing a laptop that has lots of hard drive space, I'd like to download all the pix at day end so i can fill it up again the next day. If no one has a laptop then i could try and get one from work.

Does anyone else plan on taking pictures? There's probably quite a few...

Peace

I also have a digicam, but I went ahead and bought another compactflash card. I can now hold 95 great quality pix or 250 ok quality pix. That should be enough ;) Even so, I'll probably get another card before Moab.

We will have our digital camera with us also. Not sure how many pics we can take but it is a bunch.

We are thinking of looking into getting a digital camcorder before Moab. That would really be nice after seeing some of the videos from Ouray.

Re: Photographers...

Originally posted by F'in Bob
Just a heads up. I plan to bring a digital camera that takes pretty good pictures. If anyone is bringing a laptop that has lots of hard drive space, I'd like to download all the pix at day end so i can fill it up again the next day. . .
My brother is planning on bringing his laptop and I'll go ahead and offer up a bit of HD space. :) (now that I've done that I'll probably get a mob of people wanting space, and I'll end up spending all of the week after sorting and emailing pics)

And yes we also have a digital camera.

PotLuck followed by a NIGHT RUN???

I just got off the phone once again with the folks at CanyonLands......there's space there for a cookout....just not enough for us. I wasn't planning on having more than maybe 30 go....there's still not enough. SORRY.

I would love to see one though. Sunday night would be the best night to do so(with the most people there) and maybe followed by a NIGHT RUN. I've talked to a few members and none of us thinks this should be a problem. How about it. I'd like to find an easy trail where almost everybody can run it(stock or not) and off we go. How about it guys. Any takers??

laptop, should have that with me and there might be a possibility of downloading pix directly to the net. DigiCam? bringing that too. If everyone's gonna take pictures,who's gonna be driving???

what about that cookout??

:D

can't wait!

I'm up for a Sunday night run. You're right that it would have to be a stocker run in that case, though. And I'd have to be in the middle of the pack b/c my cheapo Pilot lights aren't as good as PIAAs, Hellas, or KC's offroad. But I'm game!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Alec
I'm up for a Sunday night run. You're right that it would have to be a stocker run in that case, though. And I'd have to be in the middle of the pack b/c my cheapo Pilot lights aren't as good as PIAAs, Hellas, or KC's offroad. But I'm game!

You can run right behind Matt....He'll give you a hand. Just make sure you turn down your mirrors. :)

Back