MoabB2's Body Restoration Thread | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MoabB2's Body Restoration Thread

You seriously taking that off road??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

incredible paint and body work. good job

Thanks Fish Man. Ratstang does some good work.

I need to come up with a color for my pinstripes.

So what does everyone think about a pinstripe? What color?

I still don't know what color to go with. I had considered a lighter blue.

How would red look?

I say no pinstripe, but if you are going to use one, I'd go with dark orange.

That would go good with the dark blue.

I was just thinking of something really thin to break up the two colors.

Well with the blue, the complimentary color would be some shade of orange. Again, I think it would look good with that. :thumbsup:

orange would look good :) It would be a shame NOT to take that truck off road

Ratstang was thinking orange as well.

Orange though? I have a tan interior, red springs and red shock boots. I think orange would go well with the paint, but how would it look with the tan interior and red springs etc.?

That's a tough one. Maybe a redish orange... :p:

Red won't look good on the body to separate the colors. Tan or light blue won't have the affect that you're looking for to separate the colors. Then orange will look the best on the body but maybe not with all of your red parts. If the pinstripe is narrow enough, maybe it will look good..? Again, that's a tough choice given the colors that you already have on the truck.

I'll keep thinking. When is he going to put one on if he does?

nobody but you is going to even think like that

My OEM tan interior had orange in it. orange and green trees in the seats :)

Orange will look just fine with a tan interior IMO

nobody but you is going to even think like that

What are you saying? I'm a weirdo?:rolleyes: jk.

Thanks for the opinion guys. Anybody else have a say?

I don't know when we will be putting it on. Not really in a rush though, I can always put it on later. I think he still has some work to do on the paint though, it'd be atleast a few weeks out.

There is a color called Apple that is a reddish Orange that rustolem makes. I used it for my calipers to match the orange (or red has some people think) ring on my rims.:rolleyes:

There is a color called Apple that is a reddish Orange that rustolem makes. I used it for my calipers to match the orange (or red has some people think) ring on my rims.:rolleyes:

Great information, thanks stic-o!

Hey everyone, the truck has been nominated for Rig of The Year over on broncoii.org. If you have a chance you should go vote.....MoabB2.

ROTY VOTE

You have to be a member of course.

Tentative termination date is January 6th. I'm not holding my breath though. It is getting close. My appointment with the dyno shop is already scheduled so I sure hope it is back in time!

I am going to guess 215 RWHP at the dyno
Cant wait to see the results!

I am going to guess 215 RWHP at the dyno
Cant wait to see the results!

You don't think the headers/exhaust/intake/Xcal2 will give anything over stock? Or is stock 215 at the flywheel.?

215 at the rear wheels with the auto and a t case is damn good for the V8
Stock would be more like 160-170 max without the breathing mods, but I am just guessing here

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So the stock rating of 215HP must be at the flywheel?

Back