• Register Today It's free!

Monster Explorer

Xploderman

Reaction score
City, State
Prince Albert
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer XLT
Ok so its been a few yrs since I sold my lifted first gen and now find myself in the seat of an 08 Ex. Im wanting to get some serious altitude adjustment to the tune of being able to run atleast a 35" tire. Has anyone ran a 3" spacer lift in conjunction with the 3" body lift mod that has been done? I enjoy the custom fab pics from 2015 on the lift that duner built but might be a bit spendy for me right now but will be going that route eventually. For now im just wondering if i can do a 33 or 35 with the 3" spacer and 3" body lift and if anyone has any pics thanks guys

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know that 32's "275/70R17" have been done, cant remember if the 33/35's had rubbing issues but the larger truxx/traxada lifts cause issues with suspensions and eat ball joints and cv shafts..... they make better upper and lower control arms but with the price I see alot of people just pressing in new joints every year as PM measures.... most threads dont recommend anything larger than the 2.5/1.25" spacer kits

I'm on 35's. 2.5 suspension lift only. I ran 37s for about a month too, but rubbing was terrible. They aren't going back on till I go wide body with long travel. It was in the process but had to strip all the body work off due to my other car blowing an engine unexpectedly. Explorer is back on daily duty for a little while. I took this picture Sunday. Not in her prime, but she's beast. 35's here.

IMG_9155.JPG

Thats crazy nud did you remove the front bumper just for clearance?

No

IMG_2861.JPG

Looks bad ass must rub lots on tight turns and off road though

It's rubs absolutely nowhere. I know this because she is my truck.

2 inches off bumper and fender if I recall correctly.

Back