My '07 Sport Trac Limited V8 4x4 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My '07 Sport Trac Limited V8 4x4

tmsoko... Nice Adrenalin!

I read that I would need the lift to get 32s or even consider 33s, so that was the very first mod I had done. This tire/wheel calculator was the most valuable tool when it came to picking out my tire/wheel combo. I knew my stock wheel offset wasn't going to work for the tires I wanted. I had to find an aftermarket wheel set, and I'm glad I did.

I believe the stock Ford 20" wheel width is 8.5", the backspacing is 6", and the offset is 44mm.

Hope I helped ya out some and good luck!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks, just like you, I feel these trucks look best blacked out. I will be tinting my door glass once the weather improves.

Yeah, my wheels are 35mm negative if I remember right. It is either that or 18mm and I seem to remember it being close to the factory 44mm. If I went positive, my wheels would stick 2" out of the wheel wells. Not gonna do that. I might get the 275s and just see how it turns out.

FLOffroad - this is a truck! That picture was taken when it was clean! :)

Wow, that's good to hear - the idea of someone using their Adrenalin like a truck is odd to me, and 20s offroad is even weirder.
Anyway, plenty of ppl get negative offset wheels, which is what makes the tires stick out from the fender. But, do what you want - it's your truck after all.

Looks great. Very badass, yet clean look. You have good taste in mods, as you did with your old sport.

Thanks for the compliments. Since I sold my old rig to a co-worker, I still get to see the old girl once in a while.

I've got some new pics coming soon with a few showing the LED mods I've done.

You ought to get him to do a little photo shoot deally sometime, or have the two of you hit the trails together - it'd be a nice pairing (the trucks that is, as I reviewed my post I came to realize that it could sound a bit odd).

Yeah, I thought about having a friend shoot some pics of the two wheelin' through the woods of central PA. Yet another good idea that never came to fruition.

Here are a couple pics showing my LEDs in action.

c79178c6.png

b0b2a908.png

that wheel/tire combo is sick. those are the exact kind of tires ive been looking for myself. that's one of the best ST's ive seen on this forum so far.

Thanks!

I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, but I still wish it had another inch of lift on it.

Is it just me, or are those white leds in the turn signal areas?

Willied... Nope, you're right. Those are switchback LEDs. They are normally white, but when the turn signal is on they blink yellow.

looka good man !!!

any info on all the LED's you chose ? where you got them ? looks great !

any info on all the LED's you chose ? where you got them ? looks great !

:thumbsup: I have to agree on all counts! What color LED's did you use for the interior and puddle lights? And where did you get them?

DBVIII & 68 GT,

Thanks for the compliments...

Here's a list of the bulbs I replaced with LEDs, the bulb number, and where I bought them...

1) front turn signal, 3157, Ebay (they're called switchbacks)
2) rear turn signal/brake, 4157, www.superbrightleds.com
3) front side marker, 194, Pep Boys
4) license plate, 194, Pep Boys
5) reverse, 921, www.superbrightleds.com
6) puddle, 168, Pep Boys
7) dome, front, 578, (two 16 LED bulbs), Ebay
8) dome, rear, 578, (one 8 LED bulb), Ebay
9) Recon 07 F-150 LED third brake light assembly, ----, www.amazon.com

The dome and reverse bulb color is super white.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need more info.

Projects up next...
finish tinting on tail lights
buy/install aftermarket nav head unit

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks.

Very nice job on your X too. I've been looking for some more lift, so I may look into the same Rancho suspension as in your X.

Back