my 1986 ford bronco 2 project | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my 1986 ford bronco 2 project

baldwinboy_2008

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1986 ford bronco 2
Hey guys im new to this but here it goes!! I bought this 1986 bronco 2 eddie bauer eddition a few weeks ago. i paid $500 for it. it had a pretty bad engine oil leak and the tires were pretty bald. it has a 2.9 v6 and a 5-speed tranny. it runs and drives great. the interior was in great shape and the body is alittle rough. this pic was the day i bought it. i have done alittle to it since then gonna post the work soon. but this thing is gonna be getting alot of TLC!! lol anyone got any ideas for it?

Attachments

• 1124111445.jpg
    1124111445.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 7,942

i bought a 86 about 9 months ago just about done building it i would say as many problems as ive had with the 2.9 and just the wiring and way it was designed go to the 4.0 or 302 the 4.0 will be a easier swap but the 302 is worth the trouble with its low end torque also put a bigger front axle if you go up in tire size and put lockers in it and a winch mine has 410 gears detroit lockers front and rear bout to put it under a full size frame with f250 axles locked front and rear with 513 gears and a 351cleaveland also get a winch i love my ramsey 9000lb its pretty much endless what you can do to them just depends on how much money you got to spend and know what your doing hope it goes good and welcome to the forums

Get all the little stuff fixed. I just got one too. I have fixed the windows, heater core, t-stat, replaced tie rods, put some all terrain tires and wheeled it once so far. I bought mine as a family suv. My girls are too big for our mustang.

Back