my 1997 sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my 1997 sport

explorer33

Reaction score
i came to this website while looking on the internet for off road modificatios for my 1997 sport. after searching for a long time and reading some info on the site i learned the it's gonna be pretty tough to find any serious aftermarket applications (suspension lift etc)FOR A '97. but im not too discouraged just yet, this site and a few ofits sponsors (explorer express, the only place ive seen a super charger for the 4.0) have given me some hope. any suggestions for some minor/major mods for my truck would be much appreciated

THANKS

YOUNG EXPLORER ENTHUSIAST

I'd like to start off by welcoming you to the site. You will find just about everything all right here.

For starters with you being in Ill go ahead and do a search on "trails in ill". It's a huge thread with several members being in the fine state. As for suspension.....do a search on Trailmaster lifts. They are the only company that makes one for the post 94 explorers. Just your luck there is a member in Ill that has installed one. Last but not least.....check out this link below. It is a write up that everybody sould use to start off with when doing any mods. I've used almost everything on the list, and has saved my bum several times.

http://www.explorer4x4.com/trail_equip.html

WELCOME

Welcome to the site buddy. You're right, there is very little hope for an easy suspension lift, but where there is a will, there is a way. Ray Lobato put a 98-00 lift on his 97 and it looks pretty nice. Some are using body lifts to get some extra clearance for tires. There is also the torsion bar lift, with these you can run 32 inch tires. One of the best things to do is to just cruise around the site using the Search function and to check out the latests active posts. This site has a wealth of information and you will find nothing like it on the web. Feel free to ask any questions you may have and welcome aboard!! Happy posting!

Back