My 2000 Ranger | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2000 Ranger

Ranger

My 2000 Ranger has 121K on the 4.0 & I have to do the tensioner & the belt on mine to. I am also on FRF & it seems that the 3rd brake light leaking is a common problem.

Nice Ranger! I like the grey much better than my green color.
There is a guy who sells the third brake light seal on eBay and his is made thicker so it is supposed to seal better. I ordered one and it looks good, I didn't install it yet since I sealed it with RTV.

Next time I need to change a bulb and I break the RTV seal, I will put that seal on.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice Ranger! I like the grey much better than my green color.
There is a guy who sells the third brake light seal on eBay and his is made thicker so it is supposed to seal better. I ordered one and it looks good, I didn't install it yet since I sealed it with RTV.

Next time I need to change a bulb and I break the RTV seal, I will put that seal on.

Thanks, I was not that thrilled with the gray, but it has grown on me.

Heavy shifter

If the tube doesn't do the trick, then try the manual lever position sensor on the transmission selector shaft. You can unbolt it to see if the shifter lever moves easier.
Did as you suggest, no difference, trying to drop steering sector but was stripping the reverse torque bolts with the E-socket/
Did replace front bushing and lubed everything but the clock.
Still heavy, hope it works in a little bit.

Anyhow, thanks for the input.

2000 Ranger

Today I said good bye to my Ranger. I will miss it.
There were three things I did not like about it:
1. The 4.0 OHV was weak compared to the 4.0 SOHC in my other trucks.
2. Rear Drum brakes. Need I say more?
3. It was not my favorite color.

I would like to get another one someday, preferably black with the 4.0 sohc, and rear disk brakes.

that and you need one of these :D

185796_10150110142852513_5500041_n1.jpg

Ranger

I wouldn't even mind converting the rear brakes to disk, but...
Got to have the 4.0 SOHC.

Tim, I like your Ranger. What year is it again? SOHC?

01+ ranger has the sohc. Rear disc swap is easy. The "bolt in" way is get the rear brakes off am 8.8 mustang and swap them over. The ebrake cables swap over too. Putting an explorer 8.8 under it takes a bit of welding and customizing the ebrake cables but it's the stronger option. I have an explorer axle in the rear of my ranger.

In all honesty I like the 04+ front end and appearance packages way better than the 01-03. Then again the 01-03 has the nicest factory hood.

You can see the front end difference between mine and the one above.
2015052395161941.jpg

I wouldn't even mind converting the rear brakes to disk, but...
Got to have the 4.0 SOHC.

Tim, I like your Ranger. What year is it again? SOHC?

that there is a 07 level II. the nice thing about it is from factory (not sure about other years of level II's, i know a few years had a manual t case, 5spd std and a SOHC) it came with 4.10, 31 spline axles, bilsteins, leather seats (that was a option) and alcoa rims. also from factory it sat i think i inch taller then the regular rangers did. what i did with it was put a full length explorer console, and overhead console from a explorer in it, kenwood stereo, alpine type r sub, and JL amp, heated seat kit, one touch down window mod for the passengers window, 3 inch body lift (also had to cut and reweld the front tow hooks, and they are still plenty strong) and 33x12.5 15's goodyear duratracs. it blasts through snow like nobodys business. havent ever really taken it into mud however. the only complaint i have about it is it has gone threw 2 lower 3rd door latches in the 4-5 years i have owned it.

Level II is the way to go. The manual t-case and torson rear diff is a standard option in 01 to at least 04? I know eventually they stopped the manual t-case option. Also I love the black interior in them.

wished i had the manual case. forgot about the all black interior. i think in certain years, they also came with a optional factory sub in the centre console

i think in certain years, they also came with a optional factory sub in the centre console

Yes they did. I have personally only seen 1 with the center console sub in the 6 years I worked at a Ford dealer. I want to say it was a 2010 ranger sport that I saw the sub in though, it sounded really good for its placement.

Isn't the "tremor" package the one with the center console sub?

:(
Isn't the "tremor" package the one with the center console sub?

No that comes with 2 10s behind the seats I believe. The center console sub comes with an upgraded factory pioneer head unit also.

Back