My 5.4L 3v Adrenalin engine swap | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 5.4L 3v Adrenalin engine swap

Sweet, very sweet

If you are in the perf biz and are interested in doing swaps like this, you could go 2 or 3 ways.

Offer a turn key package.......or.....a built motor with installation parts kit and installation video.......or.........offer a full build video.

I helped a friend do a LS swap into his 1998 S10 Chevy.

He bought a CD video off the net for $250.00 that included a lot of great instruction along with a complete parts list and where to get the stuff. I guess it saved months in that build.

The LS to S10 swap needed a little torch and weld work but it was made MUCH easier with the video. With the help from the video, he put a late 6.0 Camaro and 6 speed in his S10. The performance is unreal and it passes smog testing.

Just a thought, but printing a CD and dropping it in the mail for $250.00 aint bad.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you are in the perf biz and are interested in doing swaps like this, you could go 2 or 3 ways.

Offer a turn key package.......or.....a built motor with installation parts kit and installation video.......or.........offer a full build video.

I helped a friend do a LS swap into his 1998 S10 Chevy.

He bought a CD video off the net for $250.00 that included a lot of great instruction along with a complete parts list and where to get the stuff. I guess it saved months in that build.

The LS to S10 swap needed a little torch and weld work but it was made MUCH easier with the video. With the help from the video, he put a late 6.0 Camaro and 6 speed in his S10. The performance is unreal and it passes smog testing.

Just a thought, but printing a CD and dropping it in the mail for $250.00 aint bad.
It is tough to regulate business with videos especially when people will pirate the CDs and then they would be given to others for free.

IMO he should not do the video, he should just offer kits, installations, etc that will help his business much better.

I can't wait to see a video of this at the track. I love it "Bad Mothaf***er Mode" Priceless.

Nice work stylin99. That's going to be awesome!

For those who are thinking of a supercharger for a 4.6 3V, I highly recommend Saleen. I had Brenspeed install one in my '08 Sport Trac XLT 4x4 about a month ago.

Here's a link to my website:

http://www.chargedtrac.com

Thanks. Nothing ventured nothing gained. My son did the website work off my content and photos. The website is going through a redesign right now. I hope to put up some better photos and some different videos. I currently have a billet grille and Adrenalin wheels on my ST, but am yet to get the site pics updated.

I am more than happy with my setup and likely have a one of a kind being its a 4x4. If I had it to do the ultimate way, it would be an Adrenalin and 5.4L SC. You the man!.

I'm usually over on another forum, but will check in to see how you are doing.

It would be cool someday to get a few SC'd Sport Trac\STA's together.

You are doing it right. Kuddos!:salute:

She's all buttoned up and running now. Took it for a trip around the block. Got a few bugs to work out hopefully tommorrow, and then maybe a longer cruise will be possible.

Even at light throttle input, this thing wants to take off now. It's just begging to turn loose the entire corral of ponies inside. Will be a few weeks before I get that chance. Can't wait to try it out.

Will get some more photos once I get the truck cleaned up.

enginecomplete1.jpg

Man that is a work of art!

Wow... just Wow

Did you or do you plan to use a LS or locker unit in the rear?

The tranny in these things are strong enough to handle the power of the engine my problem with them is the shift pattern. The 1 to 2 shift needs to be cleaned up not just firmed up. There is too much of a delay when going from first to second and that delay is not there on the other shifts.

I've driven a couple cars with a similar version of this transmission and they seem to shift at a lower speed with no hesitation, the shift is almost undetectable.

The tranny in these things are strong enough to handle the power of the engine my problem with them is the shift pattern. The 1 to 2 shift needs to be cleaned up not just firmed up. There is too much of a delay when going from first to second and that delay is not there on the other shifts.

I've driven a couple cars with a similar version of this transmission and they seem to shift at a lower speed with no hesitation, the shift is almost undetectable.
The shop (Pro-Dyno) that tunes my Mustang also will be tuning the computer in the STA. He's done the 6spd trucks before, and just like the engine, it's all electronic, and can be adjusted to whatever we want to do with it. Shift points, shift pressures, top speed limiters, all that stuff can be modified. He said the 6r60 is a bear to tune properly, but it can be done. So I'll see what he can do with it just from the computer.

subscribing

that is just sick!

Its pretty odbvious the 6r60 is a bear to tune properly judging that not even Ford can do it right. i.e. the tranny bump.

I've got that stupid tranny bump. The service advisors explanation after they reset the trans computer; "it's basically too smart for it's own good".

makes you wonder if that much power could hurt it

Awsome truck congrats. Please post some pics and numbers when you have a chance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, I drove the truck around for almost 100 miles now. The computer is all whacked out. It has no idea what do to do with the extra torque of the 5.4 and different airflow. I can creep along at very low throttle input, but after about 10% throttle under load, even the trans doesn't act right. It shifts too early, shifts harder, bogs down. Looks like I'll need that visit to the tuner for a base tune before I get rear ended pulling out in traffic. LOL

Back