and gain access to Reviews and Discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modifications and Events, Street Truck Mods and Events, and much more! Since 1996 our community has covered every aspect of the Ford Explorer, Ford Ranger and all vehicles based on this platform.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

My 93 sometimes doesn't start and sometimes it does!

Discussion in 'Under the Hood' started by bnichols04, July 24, 2003.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. bnichols04

bnichols04 Active Member

City, State:
      ypsilanti, MI
      Year and Model:
      94 ranger XLT
      When I park my 93 X it sometimes doesn't want to start. So I have to go under the hood and wiggle the fuel pump relay and it starts up fine. I just got a new fuel pump relay! What do I do?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Josh S.

Josh S. can't kick the habit Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Seabeck, WA
      Year and Model:
      '93 sport 4x4
      install the new fuel pump relay;)

My friends wouldn't start like yours, but we replaced the fuel pump relay and it was fine after that. When you turn your key to the "on" position, does the fuel pump make a noise? Because it should. Who knows? Maybe your fuel pump is going bad too. We replaced his b4 the relay, but the relay was the problem. You could try cleaning the contacts on the relay itself or clean the terminals that it slides into. Also, check yer + and - battery cables, sometimes that helps too. Good luck