Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

My '94 extended cab

Discussion in 'Ranger / Mazda Registry' started by Xeek, July 12, 2012.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Xeek

Xeek Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Virginia Beach, VA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1991 xlt
      I guess it's been awhile since I've updated. Guess where I left off with the trans, got it built and installed. Had issues with the valve body, talked to transgo on the phone and had to dump the fluid 3 times to get it right. I forget all of it but I remember the guy had me shim the reverse solenoid with a washer cause reverse and 1st were extremely delayed.
      Added in a trans filter, aux cooler with fan, and trans temp gauge. The filter is actually the afternarket on I nabbed off my super duty before I sold it. And but made it work for the ranger.

Also added can lights and marker lights on the mirror. The pics have them both white, but I swapped the cab lights for amber bulbs and the mirror ones I changed to amber lenses.

20150812_114948.jpg

20150901_175319.jpg

20151216_164733.jpg

20151217_100127.jpg

20160229_211029.jpg

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Xeek

Xeek Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Virginia Beach, VA
      1991 xlt
      Then jan 14 last year was the last time I drove it. It bogged down really bad, and wouldn't idle for shit and eventually died. I could restart after letting it sit for a bit. But would do it again. I had a friend tow strap me home, luckily I was pretty close and went through the neighborhood.

Since then I was trying to work on it but I think in May my roommate was trying to build axles for his xj and wanted mine cause a shop wanted 2200 just to gear and lock the front diff and rebuild axle. So I went looking for new axles for my truck. When I found a set he paid me 2200 for my d30 and 8.8.
      Which I then bought a 76 f150 d44 and big bearing 9" for $1760 shipped off of another offroad forum site. D44 has upgraded shafts, 4.88, broken Aussie, and a truss. 9" has a strange third member, 4.86, detroit, and a truss. He even sent me some 36x1350 iroks with alum wheels for the same 1750 price.

So fast forward to the last month of me not touching anything lol. I got the 9" hung. Had to cut the leaf perches off cause they were too wide set. It's on it's own weight but perches aren't welded on yet. Also still need shook tabs and brake lines
      The front will need the old tabs cut off. And cut the 4link bushing tab off a spare d30 to weld to the d44. I have new control arm brackets to weld on. And I still need all steering the knuckles are reamed for 1ton tie rods. I might just go with heims though.

And shout out to @RockRanger for making me some leaf hangers. Each hole is about 2" lower than stock. So I took the blocks out. I still might add a shackle and have to lift the front a bit to help clear the 36s though unless I trim.

20170501_150145.jpg

20170501_134331.jpg

20180206_194345_HDR.jpg

20180208_163347_HDR.jpg

20180210_110831_Burst01.jpg

20180212_145027_HDR.jpg

And these are the codes I was getting when it died on me.
      20170114_172226.jpg

4. mr cribb

mr cribb US Army Retired Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Harviell, MO
      94 Z71,
      Wow you’ve been away for a while, then again so have I.

5. Xeek

Xeek Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Virginia Beach, VA
      1991 xlt
      Nice to see you here still too. But yea I just don't go online like I used to anymore, I still talk to a few local ef'ers, but off of here. But I've been lurking the past couple months so figured I'd finally update since I started working on it again lol

I've also got a couple other toys now. Had a Yamaha warrior I took out last August. Sold that and I have a yamaha big bear now. I also just got another toy I haven't revealed to anyone yet last week.

The big bear I have. And that's the warrior I sold last month.

20180108_144538_HDR.jpg

6. mr cribb

mr cribb US Army Retired Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Harviell, MO
      94 Z71,
      Yeah I sold my sport X to 2stroke in June ‘16, and I have been working on my 94 Z71 since. I haven’t updated much on here, a little bit more over on the GM forum. I might get back into an X again if I just find a killer deal on one, as I still have new(ish) heads and headers from my old original one I started with on here.