My Explorer Build | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Explorer Build

Here is my 97 Explorer 5.0 AWD. I bought her for $250. has been a great vehicle for the times that I have driven her. Have not had a chance to take her off road yet. but soon I am hoping to. Just got to get her Registered. :)
Here are my plans for her.

Right now -
Remove side Steps
TT
Add a leaf
Minimum 33" tires

** Edit - The build is not gonna be much now. The most I might do is put a Body lift after TT and AAL.
My truck running.jpg

I have been able to get her running with replacing Fuel pump. Removed Steps on Driver side and Removed the Front Bumper.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You're killing me man! I just want to see one of these built already:D

Sorry about that :-D I am gonna be building this one this time. It will take less work getting the 96 out on to the trail. As for the 93 it would take an arm and a leg to get it out there onto the trail. Tired of not being on the trail. Miss it to much.

Well now I have another Explorer to add to my Parking lot. :) Its a 97 Explorer Sport. She is gonna be My daughters. Gonna do about the same with hers as with mine. TT and an AAL.
New ex 2.jpg
New ex 4.jpg

Question guys, Does my 96 need to have the BWM done to have full 4x4? Also the 97 Sport I have does it need to BWM also?

Thanks

Well things took a different road. I was able to purchase a 97 4 door 5.0 fro $250. Only issue is minor damage to front end pass head light Drivers rear door Oh and the fuel pump. She has 135,000 miles on her and the interior is in AWESOME shape. So My 96 was sold and I got this one. Here are a couple pictures of her. Yes tnext to her is my Daughters 97 Sport. Just need to replace Drive shaft on hers and she will be back to 4x4. She is on 30" tires right now. Will she has trailed a bit then I will work on getting her higher with 33's maybe LOL
97 at home 1.jpg
97 at home 2.jpg

Got her running. Got the fuel pump installed and she fired up on the second try. Was super happy about that. I also found out that the AC still works pretty good also. Just needs to be charged. I am pretty happy about that. Next month gonna register her so Wife and I will have a 4x4 to drive back and forth to work this winter. Pretty stocked about that. Now I need to get time to go to the Pull and Pay to get Driver side panel and Front Passenger light Marker and Turn signal replaced. Oh and I have got to remove the Passenger side Step.

Back