My *****in' Frankn Bumpers by RLC Welding! | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My *****in' Frankn Bumpers by RLC Welding!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

UPDATE:

As everyone knows....my wife T-Boned an "undocumented visiting possible immigrant" from Mexico. No, it wasn't her fault...it was his...he ran a red light. Her Volvo was totaled so she bought another one to replace it.....IT DOESN'T SHIFT WELL DAM IT! IN FACT YOU HAVE TO TEACH THE DAM THING TO SHIFT!!!! So, my Ex (I mean Nav) $ and time has been going to experiment on her $4k transmission. VOLVO....YOU'RE EVIL!

Pics of Volvo carnage? Hope the wife is all good, as Rusty says, "seat belts save lives".

Attachments

• 548847_3643065401064_1407228051_3423055_950498481_n.jpg
    548847_3643065401064_1407228051_3423055_950498481_n.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 808

Can you yank the tranny out of your old one?

Can you yank the tranny out of your old one?

The new on has "geartronic" and the older one doesn't. Plus, it's already gone to the salvage yard. However, I did pickup a 2nd Gen axle today for my truck for $150! Super Excited!

Whoot! What's the gear ratio in your shiny new toy?

I'm not sure what gears I'm going with.....however I'm sure price is going to play a factor. I'll be removing the front axle, engine and all the 4X4 parts from the parts truck in the next coming weeks. So, in the meantime I need to find some gears for both axles. Any suggestions?....keeping in mind $$ Oh ya....hand is healed although its a little weak.

Glad your hand is better! For gears... what is your goal in tire size?

And I don't see it on your to do list, are you running the 5 speed or an A4LD?

Naasau said:
Glad your hand is better! For gears... what is your goal in tire size?

And I don't see it on your to do list, are you running the 5 speed or an A4LD?

33-35" a4ld :-(

33's-4.56. 35's-4.88.

How much high speed/long distance commuting will you be up to? I'm on 33's at the moment, and I'm planning on going to 4.56's in the near future. I was thinking of even just bumping it to 4.10's, but at some point I may go to 35's and I only want to do gears once.

IMHO, If you're going to drive slower, or go trail rig only, 4.88's for sure, especially if you had a manual tranny. But if you're commuting and will regularly see 70-80mph, like I do, then I wouldn't go bigger than 4.56. The A4LD will actually soak up a good amount of abuse, as long as it doesn't get too hot, so going with a 'balanced' gear setup to me would make more sense.

How much high speed/long distance commuting will you be up to? I'm on 33's at the moment, and I'm planning on going to 4.56's in the near future. I was thinking of even just bumping it to 4.10's, but at some point I may go to 35's and I only want to do gears once.

IMHO, If you're going to drive slower, or go trail rig only, 4.88's for sure, especially if you had a manual tranny. But if you're commuting and will regularly see 70-80mph, like I do, then I wouldn't go bigger than 4.56. The A4LD will actually soak up a good amount of abuse, as long as it doesn't get too hot, so going with a 'balanced' gear setup to me would make more sense.

This is going to be my daily driver and I really really really really want 35" tires! lol so, 75 MPH everyday .... To tell you the truth...offroading would be completely new to me but I'm sure I'll adapt enjoyably, but coolness is an immediate must.

subscribing

Off topic much??? Where's the pictures of the bumpers installed on the truck????

MidnightRebel07 said:
Off topic much??? Where's the pictures of the bumpers installed on the truck????

Now THAT, is a damned good question. What say ye, Noober?

Naasau said:
Now THAT, is a damned good question. What say ye, Noober?

Ye be patient my fellow brethren for the time will soon come when thou shall feast thou eyes upon thou's glorious bumpage. Gotta remove these damn exhaust manifold bolts first.

Use the force my friend. Excessive force.

Then, plan on buying new bolts.... and maybe welding your exhaust back together.

...like I did.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is my bumper from RLC Welding. It is for a second gen, and I will have pictures in about a week and a half of it installed.

jamscal

Back