1. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's time for our yearly 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale! Last day is November 30!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a full two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership!

If you would like to extend an existing membership for two more years please contact "Rick" through a conversation/private message as I will have to set up existing memberships manually. Thank you and happy holidays!!!
    Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

My EE X-Spec testimony

Discussion in 'Seriously Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tec' started by Turdle, October 24, 2006.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Turdle

Turdle Moderator Masterbaker Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Humboldt, KS
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2000 Mounty
      Let me tell you a story
      We ( my wife, son, and I) were driving along minding our own business, about 68-70 mph and an older gentleman who couldn't see well ( driving, not seeing) tried turning onto highway from a side road at the very last minute. We went right, very quickly, and down into a ditch to avoid him, and back on the road again, so quickly that we ended up well in front of him. All 4 tires stayed firmly on the ground. I am so glad I purchased and installed the X spec kit. I truly believe it saved our lives.
      I also find that not slowing for corners ( saves on brakes) means not speeding back up (gas mileage), and I think lower wind resistance ( gas mileage )
      The install wasn't difficult, about 4 hours in driveway ( I'm pretty slow and all)
      I have a bad back also, but the ride is better to me than my wifes car, and that being said, I am very pleased with my purchase.
      Be sure to have it aligned to their specs afterward, not factory specs.

www.explorerexpress.com is where it can be purchased--

Last edited: December 18, 2007
    2. Support EF

Holiday Special through Nov 30! Join the Elite Explorers for $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. '97 V8

'97 V8 Well-Known Member

City, State:
      ft. knox ky
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '97 mounty 5.0 4x4 baby!!
      A while back ago...waaay back(before i had my license) i wanted to lower the mounty and supercharge it. I did a good amount of research and found this kit was really good. Motor trend liked it as well.