1. It's time for our yearly 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale! Last day is November 30!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a full two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership!

If you would like to extend an existing membership for two more years please contact "Rick" through a conversation/private message as I will have to set up existing memberships manually. Thank you and happy holidays!!!
    Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

My new 347

Discussion in 'Need for Speed!' started by Dono, May 22, 2015.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Dono

Dono V8 Limited turbo and retired SC 4.0 OHV Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Winnipeg, Manitoba
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      00 Limited V8
      I'll have to work on the measuring back pressure.
      I will have an issue with dpfe and turbo.

I understand that if your really doing well, pressure is 1:1. That would mean in a perfect world I'd have 8lbs back pressure at 8lbs boost. I'm pretty confident I'm not going to be 1:1. lol.

Thanks for reminding me on the crimp connectors. Yes, I used them. Proof of concept. I need to order weather pack connector(s). My plan is to solder in to the coil wires and power, and add a weather pack connector.

I haven't hooked up the vacuum yet. I'll try to get that done tonight.
      Driving to work this morning, I may have to do some work with the shift schedule. Looks like a bit of 'lugging' going on. Needs to shift out of 3rd, and unlock the tc faster.

2. Support EF

Holiday Special through Nov 30! Join the Elite Explorers for $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Dono

Dono V8 Limited turbo and retired SC 4.0 OHV Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Winnipeg, Manitoba
      00 Limited V8
      Motor's still running strong. No leaks, no bad noises. WTF? lol.
      I wen't to our annual Country Fest, so its about a 7 hour round trip. Slept in the back of the old girl again, and its actually pretty comfortable with memory foam. The 2 for 1 Canadian beer might have had something to do with that though.

Strange thing is, I had a really stinky exhaust that would always come thru the windows and sun roof when open. Windows and roof closed, no smell. That's no fun at all though. After the trip, its virtually gone. I wonder if something was just slowly burning off. I'm super happy that I don't have any smells (I was also fighting the cheap wire loom and electrical tape melting and stinking, and thats all been removed now).

Boost creep is fixed. Solid 6-7 lbs boost that comes on quick. Punching the peddle at about 50mph is an eye opener.

After a pass I did today, the guy caught up to me and asked me to do it again while he video'd it with his phone. He said he's never seen or heard anything like it and really wanted his friends to see it. I'd say that's a compliment.

My timing is kinda low up top so I can't even think about adding boost till I install my water/meth kit. 91 octane isn't the best for this stuff. I'm not sure when I'll get at it, since the weekends are pretty full now. I'll try to pick at it, bit by bit.

Its sure nice to finally be having some fun with my truck rather than fighting serious issues all the time.

• Like Like x 1
      • Thanks Thanks x 1
    4. CDW6212R

CDW6212R Hauls the mail. Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Knoxville, TN
      98 Limited AWD
      Fingers crossed, enjoy!

5. Turdle

Turdle Moderator Masterbaker Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Humboldt, KS
      2000 Mounty
    6. 4pointslow

4pointslow Explorer Torture Tester Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Gloucester City, NJ
      98 2Dr,98 & 04 4dr xlt
      Glad to hear that you overcame all the obstacles that came your way.
      Now enjoy the benefits of all your hard work!
      You should have asked the guy for link to the video, its not everyday you get to see your truck from the outside. lol.

7. Josh P

Josh P Shaggin Wagon Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Phoenix Az
      1991 aerostar
      Glad to hear she is running good now. May the boost be with you!!!!

• Like Like x 1