My new Bronco "duece" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My new Bronco "duece"

Reaction score
City, State
beloit,WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
85 bronco 2
my dads friend knew i wanted a 4x4 and i was saving up for an explorer and he offered me his truck for like 500 but i was like nah im gettin an explorer and had 700 at the time
and its been a couple months and he wants to get rid of it and he remembered i wanted a 4x4 and he gave it to me for a Doller so i chouldnt pass it up!!!!1
so far oil change,changed rusty brake line and bleed brakes and other cheap walmart goods lol

DSCF30022.jpg

DSCF30032.jpg

DSCF30042.jpg

DSCF3005.jpg

DSCF3006.jpg

DSCF3001.jpg

Its only got 57000 miles on the body and 5 on the new jasper motor!!!
its really clean mechanically

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My offer of 2 dollars for it is still good if you want to:thumbsup::D
Glad you finally posted some pics here.It still has a little shine to the paint too.

haha its worth like 101 now with all the seat cover and tach and junk jm
i jsut waxed it before i toke the picture i cant wait to lift it but my dad said lets just drive it around before u stick money like that into it
how hard whould a 3 inch body lift be
?

The body lift is a full day of work and it all depends on how easy the old body bolts come out. Do a search on this site and see what you come up with. I put a 3 inch lift on a 87 BII I had.
You have to remember if you go higher you need to go wider on the bottom(rims and tires) Give it that bull dog stance look and this makes the BII less easy to flip over. The Bronco II can flip over quite easy when they are stock and not lifted.

dude thnx lol what if i bought some explorer rims and tires lol there preety big compared to the broncos stock tires but i plan on lifting it then having like 31s at the most but pry just like 28 inch to 31 inch tires not 2 big

You bet, I should have said that explorer and ranger rims will fit the BII also.

hey i was wondering how big of tires i should get it if got a 3 inch lift and i want good gas m ilage and evreything

DUDE ITS LOOKIN SWEEEEEET!!!!
Totally jealous

I looked into a body lift on mine and the only really bad part (if the bolts holding the body on are not rusted to heck) is that you will have to lengthen your steering collumn and you will possibly have to get longer brake lines... dont quote me on the brake lines though.

WHat i want to do is add a leaf spring in the back and get a little bigger coil springs in the front. The leaf would be simple, just need longer u bolts. And i believe you can get a polyureathine spacer in the front for the coil instead of putting bigger ones in. It would keep the ride smoother because new coils are really stiff depending on what you get.

But thats my opinion, idk how hard it is to take the steering collum out and lengthen it, but it looks like a pain. Just some thoughts.

hey i was wondering how big of tires i should get it if got a 3 inch lift and i want good gas m ilage and evreything

i would probly say 31's would look both sweet and still not kill the gas mileage.
If you look at the pics on my thread outside, my truck is sitting next to my buddy's and his has 31" thornbirds on it. They look nice

yea its got 3.73s i might try 33s just to feel it m,y self becuase im ordering a 4 inch suspension lift for it this weekend and some kc lights and a push bar :)

yea its got 3.73s i might try 33s just to feel it m,y self becuase im ordering a 4 inch suspension lift for it this weekend and some kc lights and a push bar :)

Haha sweet. Must be nice to be able to spend money on your truck and not on college.... yet lol.

lol im only a softmore in high school
im glad i have a job cuz with out it id have a stock bronco i guess lol
its stock now but gonna order the lift soon but
my dad wants me to keep driving it around just to make sure its solid

lol im only a softmore in high school
im glad i have a job cuz with out it id have a stock bronco i guess lol
its stock now but gonna order the lift soon but
my dad wants me to keep driving it around just to make sure its solid

yah dude thats definately the way to go. I just finished my first year of College and yeah the bronco funds are going down the drain pretty quickly lol. But ill try to keep puttin as much in as possible.

I finally got mine out today and took it for a spin (illegally lol, no insurance) but it was nice.

But make sure you dont (always) listen to your dad lol... I would have had another $1000 in tires and headers and a lift if my dad wouldnt have talked me out of it lol. I wish i would have then, cuz now i dont have the money haha.

Holy Hell. $1 is unbelievable for that beauty. If it runs as good as it looks even $500 would have been a steal. I'm sure others have told you already, but you really lucked out on this. Your Dad's buddy who hooked you up with this must think very highly of you.
I love it. I hope you love and enjoy it too. I have to say, I'm :p: (green) with envy.

yea im greatful he was so nice
that broncos preety cool
im orderin that lift kit soon
just have to get a money order
but my dads all for lifting it hes buyin me a brush guard lol

yea im greatful he was so nice
that broncos preety cool
im orderin that lift kit soon
just have to get a money order
but my dads all for lifting it hes buyin me a brush guard lol

Awesome, make sure to take some pics as you go when you put the lift in.
Btw the way what kind of lift are you gettin, and how much??

updated pics fo sho will be great

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im geting a 4 inch rough country lift then im on the hunt for tires!!!
might find some tires with rims already but if not buy the tires then have them put on new rims
or soem rims i like craigslist
but im getting a money order tommarow to send to jc whitney
getting the lift
and a cheap brush guard
and a light bar
maybe 4 kc lights
or might go with walmart lights

Back