My new Winch bumper, sliders, rear bumper... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My new Winch bumper, sliders, rear bumper...

Kirby N.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ranger
Heres is my new bumper. Let me know what you think. A massive skid plate is going to be there too as soon as I get the motivation! f anyone knows how to link pics please do, otherwise here is a link to my group:WInch Bumper

And here is my old System- (No winch mount)Old Bumoper

Sliders and rear bumper pics:
Link

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

cool setup, what do you do if you need to use the reciever but are going to be on the road (i.o.w. where does the plate go??) and on the front bumper, what are the vertically facing ambers for??

That is an awesome setup man, very creative. can't wait to do mine.

I like your bumpers a lot. Tired of seeing the same old shapes. Keep up the good work.:bounce:

Originally posted by CarFreak146
and on the front bumper, what are the vertically facing ambers for??

Wondering the same thing... But they look great!

Oh man I like it!! Are you going to skin it? Very mean looking!

Thanks for the comments!

The verticall facing ambers? They sit a little on the verticle side, more on the forward facing side.They look verticle from that angle, but when you are in front of it, they are pretty forward facing. They are turn signals. Sealed, wired 2 filament lights. The Navajo has turn signals in the bumper. I planned on a different placement, but that turned (no pun) out to be the best spot for the lights. They are up out of the way, protected and visible.

Am I going to skin it? Maybe. I need to do a massive aluminium skid plate and get a winch in there, then I will decide.

Where do I put the plate? It was off alot. I liked it off! Then if they can't follow me, they don't know who I am! I do alot of running from the cops!!! (Only kidding)! It ended up being a pain. Mostly because it was the furthest out part of the bumper, so it hit on everything. And I was always worried someone would walk off with it. Here is the new setup plus a sealed back up light-More pics

Wanna see if my rear bumper is tough- Check these out!Bumper Bumper

Wanna see if my Sliders are tough? This is one of my kinder slides, but you get the idea: Slider smash

My brother's Xj Sliders we built, complete with a Dring mount!Adam's XJ sliders

And a Flex shot for fun!
Flex

Another set of XJ sliders we built w/ different Dring mount(Also added the prerunner grill gaurd to the bumper):Joris Limited

And lastly, my brother in laws Xj. We built these sliders too!
Chris' XJ

Long post!!!

Back