My Whoops'... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Whoops'...

Guess I'll add my screw ups to the new forum.

My Explorer has only been stuck three times in 6 yrs, but all 3 of those were in the last 2 yrs. since I've been driving.

First time was 2 winters ago. I was out in our field playing around in the snow when my front right auto hub gave out. I was at the bottom of the field (it slopes down) and couldn't get up the hill. We waited till the next day and the ground froze and it drove right out. So it wasn't really stuck... just temporarily immobile...

Second time was this past June. I was at a friends house playing around in his mudhole. I went in a rutted part way to slow and bottomed out. All four tires were turning freely... whoops. After getting pulled out by a Ch*vy (sorry)I proceeded to make it all good by going through the same mud hole ~15 more times(a lot faster) without getting stuck.

Last time was three weeks ago. I was down in my woods playing around. I was backing around to get a run at a hill when 'BUMP' I backed over a fallen tree with one tire and got my shock mount logged in the wood. In the process I hit a sharp branch and punctured my brand new, never touched the road 31" Dueler AT in the sidewall. All it took to get me out was a floor jack and some muscle and nothing was damaged (except my tire).

The first one wasn't really my fault and the last two were stupid mistakes. Somebody one this board had their quote as "if you never get stuck your not playing hard enough" or something like that. I've got some pictures that I'll scan and post later.

pics

OK here they go.

First one is the aftermath of the mud hole.
mud2.jpg

This one is a rear shot, note the tweaked bumper...
mud1.jpg

This is my log (no comment) shot.
stuck1.jpg

Hope you enjoyed those more than I did...

I thought you said you backed over a log. :D :D :D

Back