Nate's 2005 Explorer XLT 4X4 | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nate's 2005 Explorer XLT 4X4

Here's my X, so far, but first a little background story...
jeepchrome.jpg

So this Jeep is what I was going to buy. I was a few thousand short of it. :( It was fully loaded. Exhaust, Intake, Lift, Wheels, Fuzzy Back Seat :D (J/K). I failed on that then looked at a sport trac and ended up with this Tan Explorer. She's come a long way in just 5 or 6 months of owning her. So...
Its a 2005 Ford Explorer XLT with 4wd. I bought it on Friday July 9th, 2010. It had 60K miles when I purchased it. It now has 67K. So far I love having it. Gas mileage isn't so great, but I knew that when I purchased it. I have modded it up so check it out. Enjoy! :)

Day I bought it,
copy001.jpg

First Mod...An upper billet grille and a lower billet grille
32.jpg

Clear Corners;
clearcorners3.jpg

Her first mud bath, no running boards
mudside.jpg

mudend.jpg

Future Plans, TRUXXX lift kit, Cragar Soft 8's or some new wheels, tail light guards, LED tail lights, black headlights, and a bunch of other stuff I can't think of. Any comments or suggstions are welcome.

EDIT: Update! :)
A couple months later, and here she is...
4th gen mirrors, Bull Bar, Aux Lights, New Speakers, New Pioneer HU, Painted Billet Grilles Black, Tail Light Guards, 4.0L Emblem, Intake, Exhaust, HIDS coming soon :)
fordtlguards.jpg

newradio.jpg

newestintake.jpg

exhaust1.jpg

exhaust3.jpg

Here's how she sits today (january 2011):
snowtrip.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great to hear James!

The angle isnt too bad but not too great either. Of course when you get your uni-balls on it will be even better than it is now.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Need some advice...FAST! :)
Ironman.jpg

Should I get that piece that goes around the trailer hitch opening?
Ford calls it a skid plate...:confused:
Im ordering parts tomorrow so advice is needed ASAP.

Ironman.jpg

i say yes if your going to go all out on the iron man edition

i say yes if your going to go all out on the iron man edition

I am going Ironman on my X. Im just going to have to get custom fender flares done.

Is it going to look good without the matching front one?

I am going Ironman on my X. Im just going to have to get custom fender flares done.

Is it going to look good without the matching front one?

im sure youll find something to do with the front bumper...once you get the rear and the fender flares done youll figure it out....sometime when you actually see it on the truck its easier to mod it

Ironman.jpg

I say get it!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well I'm going to buy it, but depending on the total price with emblems will decide whether I buy that this pay check or next pay check.

Emblems could always wait though :p: This would really spice up the rear-end of my truck.

One other question; De-badge the sides and put a single EXPLORER IRONMAN badge on the lift gate, or get 2 IRONMAN badges for the side and an XLT one for the lift gate.

One other question; De-badge the sides and put a single EXPLORER IRONMAN badge on the lift gate, or get 2 IRONMAN badges for the side and an XLT one for the lift gate.

i vote for de-badge the sides and put a single explorer ironman badge on the lift gate...i think the truck looks cleaner that way

i vote for de-badge the sides and put a single explorer ironman badge on the lift gate...i think the truck looks cleaner that way

x2

I ordered my parts and they're set to be here tuesday or wednesday. :) Can't wait to get those on. I got one emblem for the liftgate, Im going to see how she looks de-badged on the sides and if I like it thats the way it will remain, if not ill be buying more emblems.

Waiting on the body shop to get done with my X. I forgot to order the decorative rivets but at $14 ea (qty of 4) they can wait for a lil bit. The rivets were on the front end diagram and it didnt phase me until now. :rolleyes: Pics to come. The badges got lost so Ford re-ordered them and they should be here tomorrow. :D
They sent me the black trim, so now it matches my other trim. :thumbsup:

awesome pics as always...:thumbsup:

Top of the world there Nate, awesome.

Getting a new set of wheels soon! :D
I've never found a custom set that I've liked as much as the stock 17's. They have a nice clean look to em.
Xwheels-1.jpg

Sorry for the large pic. I'll try to resize it

I do dig the 17" stockies. It's gonna be a sad day when I downsize to 16's.

You getting a set of aftermarket 16's or stock 16's?

16 x 8 aftermarket's similar to what you were considering. 305 16's are so much cheaper than 305 17's it isn't funny!

Nice looking dual cab that nissan.

Back