Nate's 2005 Explorer XLT 4X4 | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nate's 2005 Explorer XLT 4X4

Here's my X, so far, but first a little background story...
jeepchrome.jpg

So this Jeep is what I was going to buy. I was a few thousand short of it. :( It was fully loaded. Exhaust, Intake, Lift, Wheels, Fuzzy Back Seat :D (J/K). I failed on that then looked at a sport trac and ended up with this Tan Explorer. She's come a long way in just 5 or 6 months of owning her. So...
Its a 2005 Ford Explorer XLT with 4wd. I bought it on Friday July 9th, 2010. It had 60K miles when I purchased it. It now has 67K. So far I love having it. Gas mileage isn't so great, but I knew that when I purchased it. I have modded it up so check it out. Enjoy! :)

Day I bought it,
copy001.jpg

First Mod...An upper billet grille and a lower billet grille
32.jpg

Clear Corners;
clearcorners3.jpg

Her first mud bath, no running boards
mudside.jpg

mudend.jpg

Future Plans, TRUXXX lift kit, Cragar Soft 8's or some new wheels, tail light guards, LED tail lights, black headlights, and a bunch of other stuff I can't think of. Any comments or suggstions are welcome.

EDIT: Update! :)
A couple months later, and here she is...
4th gen mirrors, Bull Bar, Aux Lights, New Speakers, New Pioneer HU, Painted Billet Grilles Black, Tail Light Guards, 4.0L Emblem, Intake, Exhaust, HIDS coming soon :)
fordtlguards.jpg

newradio.jpg

newestintake.jpg

exhaust1.jpg

exhaust3.jpg

Here's how she sits today (january 2011):
snowtrip.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thinking about it I beleive the last owner did say he tried replacing the switch but it didnt do anything. Is it just a dead switch now?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

This is what you get for buying a one owner X... I've probably taken too big of a bite on this one. :(
Just to give you all an idea of how bad the paint has been neglected on my 2nd gen.
neglect.jpg

I decided to try out a product from Meguiars. Thats whats getting it looking decent.
G11816-ColorX.jpg

Apparently the last owner's son (when his son was younger) used to scratch the X on purpose. The scratches are deep. Down to the factory primer.
It's going to need a paint job...

Bugger about the scratches, you'll probably cop a few more off road anyway tho'. She'll be right mate.

Yeah, I'll just need another year or two to fix her up. I think I'll be able to get her lookin good. Just takes plenty of money. :)

Spent a day out at the lake.
Almost there :D
Brlake1.jpg

And much better :)
Brlake2.jpg

A few random sunset shots
s4.jpg

s3.jpg

s2.jpg

s5.jpg

Nate, the 2nd or last pic should be in the contest! :eek:

Thanks Rondo! I did change my entry to the last picture. I like that one a lot!

A few updates to the 05:
Its going to be a family car. I got a new girlfriend who is pregnant and we're using my Explorer, well my 2005 as the family SUV. Its going to get a set of nice sissy steps, safari rack w/lights, and no lift kit :( (she told me no to the lift...)
No worries though, my 98 will still get a lift kit. :D

EDIT: I have the opportunity to get free purple neon. Should I go for it?

Get the neon lol. You never know what you can use it for. I've got my free underglolw on the sides of our pontoon lol

Line the babies crib ;)

Always take a free car. My friend got a free neon back when we were in high schol. It only lasted a year or two, but he would beat on it, and take it on trips to save gas and mileage on his car.

a free purple neon underglow kit or a free purlpe dodge neon? lol

a free purple neon underglow kit or a free purlpe dodge neon? lol

Good point...lol. The first thing I thought of was the car. I think you are right...

Regardless, its free. A free car is better, but still, free is free haha

Go for the Neon! Nice update though, the 3rd gen will be a nice family SUV....good to hear of the 2nd gen still being lifted though :D

Absolutely take the free car. As long as it runs and it's road worthy, it's a no brainer!!

By neon I will be getting underbody neon. Lol I wish someone was giving me a free Dodge Neon.
But im still going to be picking up an 01 V8 within the next several months. That one will also be lifted.

:confused: I feel stupid! :confused:

And to add as an update too, the Ex got hit...once again. Just waiting on the funds to repair, which are probably never going to come until tax time :(

All that happened to the rear bumper was; the left side its just a little damaged where it connects to the body, and the paint is scuffed badly. Easy $350 fix...

A few shots of my truck with my buddy's Taurus SHO
SE1.jpg

SE7.jpg

SE4.jpg

Oh, the SHO days... The fun, the credit card bills... :D

Oh, the SHO days... The fun, the credit card bills... :D

Speaking of credit card bills..this one is going to have a big bill. It needs a new transmission. :p: My buddy got a damn good deal on it. In a sense he's just basically paying for the transmission. Its a 1999, 119k miles on it

Back